ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query - Time spent outside UK.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nkanalyst

ILR query - Time spent outside UK.

Post by nkanalyst » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Dear All,

My query might have been already discussed but I am not sure.

I am currently working in the UK on Tier-1 General. I am eligible for ILR in June 2014. I got married in Dec 2009, even since my wife lived with me in the UK on Tier-1 dependent Visa.

We haven't spend any major time since 2009 outside UK apart from normal month holidays every year.

She is pregnant and going to India and will be in India for next 7 months. Will this affect her ILR application?

It will be appreciated and helpful if some one advise me on this please.

Thank you.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:40 am

dependants doesn't come under 180 day rule..but this will have effect when she applies for naturalisation...

why dont you have the child birth here..the facilities are good here and your child will automatically get british citizenship after you get your ILR...

nkanalyst

Post by nkanalyst » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Thanks for your reply Gaurav.

I do understand your suggestions and I am aware of all facilities but just because of few family things it's good for her and baby to be in India. As far as we all getting ILR, I would be happy but let's c how it goes.

Thanks for reply ! appreciated.