ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA and DO I NEED JOINT BANK STATEMENTS FOR ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

satz52
Newly Registered

Post by satz52 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:43 am

hello guys,

my questions to you all with some sort of expertise in immigration is that i an applying for my spouse ILR visa in march next year and don't have any bank statement in joint names but got it addressed individually. i have water bill on our joint names. but a little confused about the statements do i really need to have joint bank account and would it effect my application adversely if i don't submit joint statements since 2011.what other docs can i submit covering 2 year qualifying period for my spouse's ILR application.I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT HELPING AND ANSWERING MY QUESTION.thankyou

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:43 pm

As far as I know, 'joint accounts' are not a stated requirement, however they add convenience to demonstrate cohabitation for UKBA purposes.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

satz52
Newly Registered

Post by satz52 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:16 am

thanks for your time and the reply, but if i open an joint bank a/c now with my spouse would that be OK as it wouldn't cover last year cohabitation. but i have water bill and council tax bill in joint names with my spouse. my spouses and mine cohabitation started from April 2011 and the water bill and council tax bills in joint names are from this year. just a little worried that it doesn't affect our application.can i use savings a/c in joint names instead of current a/c if i add my spouse name with me on savings a/c now.

i know its a lots of questions but i hope someone out there with experience will try to solve my problem and put me in right direction. i genuinely appreciate the time you spend to answer and help.