ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:40 pm

My husband and I were discussing this last night - considering that the UKBA requires a current (no more than 3 months) passport photo, perhaps the people who have waited for months and months on end would expect a request for new photos before any decision is made?
I'm in the same boat as you guys, groundhog day does exist!
The black hole seems less lonely now!

nholler
Newly Registered

Post by nholler » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:54 pm

stephanielqy wrote:My husband and I were discussing this last night - considering that the UKBA requires a current (no more than 3 months) passport photo, perhaps the people who have waited for months and months on end would expect a request for new photos before any decision is made?
I'm in the same boat as you guys, groundhog day does exist!
The black hole seems less lonely now!
Considering the amount of outstanding applications they must have from the last 6 months, requesting new photos would only set them back further. However, trying to second guess the UKBA is impossible and can only lead to paranoia!

ako
Newly Registered

Post by ako » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:58 pm

I've been lurking a while. As I now have some information, I thought I would share.

I just called the UKBA number to receive an update as my application is over 6 months old.

Once I provided my details, the response I received was [quote] "I am sorry your application is still awaiting a decision. I have been informed that there is a delay with these applications at the moment and it may take another couple of months to reach a decision"!

Ridiculous to say the least.

Anyway, here is my timeline to add to the list;

Date applied/docs sent: 20/02/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 21/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 22/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 21/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 30/03/2012
Date passport/docs received from HO: Waiting
Biometrics card received: Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M)
Visa From: Tier 5

kuzey50
Newly Registered

Post by kuzey50 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello All,

We have received our documents today and the letter says our BRP should be delivered within 7 working days.

Here is our timeline;

Application sent: 02 March 2012
HO Received Docs: 05 March 2012
Biometrics Enrolled: 28 March 2012
Documents Received: 05 September 2012
BRP Received: Still waiting

It has been 6 months exactly today and our long and painful wait is now almost over. We had to get in touch with our MP twice. We also spoke to HO twice, sent additional documents and faxes to prove my grandfather's illness.

We hope everyone who has applied will receive their visas very soon and good luck to everyone. Thank you everyone on this forum for their help and support. We will be glad to help anyone on this and other forums who we may be able to help.

Thank you all once again.

Orhan & Gamze

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:53 pm

ako wrote:I've been lurking a while. As I now have some information, I thought I would share.

I just called the UKBA number to receive an update as my application is over 6 months old.

Once I provided my details, the response I received was quote "I am sorry your application is still awaiting a decision. I have been informed that there is a delay with these applications at the moment and it may take another couple of months to reach a decision"!

Ridiculous to say the least.

Anyway, here is my timeline to add to the list;

Date applied/docs sent: 20/02/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 21/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 22/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 21/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 30/03/2012
Visa Type : FLR(M)
Visa From: Tier 5
Another couple of MONTHS? Are they crazy?

I just found this FOI request today and it's some interesting reading. Apparently they're saying they have to send applications - after the bios have been done - to a "team" of people who can "validate" whether the correct forms have been used, correct fees paid (what does that take, 2 seconds?), correct documents sent, BEFORE it's even handed to a caseworker!

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... s_for_flrm

And some people are getting their visas in a shorter amount of time than I've waited, which so far is "only" 11 weeks. So does that mean some teams and caseworkers are working faster, and some are taking their jolly old time?

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:58 pm

Here is my timeline:

Date applied/docs sent: 04/07/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 05/07/2012
Dated ack. letter: 06/07/2012
Date received ack. letter: 11/07/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 05/09/2012
Biometrics booking letter dated: 03/09/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 05/09/2012
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Tier 1 dependent

karu123
Newly Registered

No Bio letter

Post by karu123 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:20 am

MyWife got ack.letter dated 04/07/2012 and we are not yet received Biometric letter. i see many members got bio letter who got ack letter later than me..is there any reason for this ? is uba not issuing letter on date wise? any thoughts? My Time line below

Date applied/docs sent: 29/06/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 02/07/2012
Dated ack. letter: 04/07/2012
Date received ack. letter: 11/07/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 05/09/2012
Biometrics booking letter dated: 09/09/2012
Date biometrics appointment: Waiting
Visa From: Tier 1 dependent

is any one here like same time line and still not recevied bio letter yet?

ID29

Re: No Bio letter

Post by ID29 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:11 am

karu123 wrote:i see many members got bio letter who got ack letter later than me..is there any reason for this ?
Don't panic.

Just imagine for a moment the huge task organising thousands of incoming applications in strict date order. If they did that, its likely the entire staff would be busy sorting mail rather than approving applications. I'm sure what they do is bundle the applications by months instead. The downside being that an application submitted on the 15th might well be dealt with before one submitted on the 2nd. But hopefully, all those in the bundle will get letters within a few days of each other or a week or two at max.

Looking at your dates, you submitted a few days before us but we've only just received our biometrics letter (5 days ago). That's well within the 8 day margin that 2nd class mail can 'sometimes' take to arrive. So its possible yours could still be in the post.

Also, people still seem to be receiving letters so clearly the UKBA are busy mailing them out. Be patient for a few days more. Chances are yours in on the way; and while you might be towards the back of the pack this time, its possible that in future you get your approval first and others around you are left waiting a few weeks longer.

John
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa From: Proposed CP

badger111

Post by badger111 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:34 pm

Does anybody know what would happen in case one decides to withdrawn the application, and reapply using premium service?

ak145m
BANNED

flr m

Post by ak145m » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:16 pm

You will lose the application fee.
badger111 wrote:Does anybody know what would happen in case one decides to withdrawn the application, and reapply using premium service?

nholler
Newly Registered

Re: waiting and waiting and waiting!

Post by nholler » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:21 pm

kshah wrote:
nholler wrote:
ken2mj wrote:One of the things I often wonder is if the UKBA scrutinise certain applications more closely than others, based solely on the applicant's nationality. It might explain why some applications are processed in just a couple of months, while others are dragged out for six or more.

Hi Ken2mj, I've often wondered the same thing. My wife (applicant) is Canadian so I thought it would be a seamless process. A friend of mine applied for the FLR (M) in November 2011 and his wife is Chinese and their application took 5 weeks. However, this was before the Olympics excuse which has been floating around since the new year.

I requested my passport back last Monday 20th August in the hope it would kickstart my application. Still haven't received passport as of yet.
Hello Nholler,

Have you received your passport back ? I also applied for return of my passport, the same day as yourself, but have not received it yet ? People on this forum said they have received their passport within a week and i was expecting mine to come through this week, but it didn't, just wondered if you received yours ?

Regards
Hi kshah,

Have you received your passport back yet? Mine hasn't turned up.

DBI31
Newly Registered

Post by DBI31 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:48 pm

[quote="badger111"]Does anybody know what would happen in case one decides to withdrawn the application, and reapply using premium service?[/quote]

1. You will lose the fee, so would have to pay £867 again

2. You will need a completely new application (remember rules changed) and more documentation

3. If your case is not processed the same day (that is what happened to me) if it is for IT problems it could take up to a month if it is due to further documents required then it may be treated as postal despite having paid the "premium"

kshah
Newly Registered

Post by kshah » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:49 pm

nholler wrote:
kshah wrote:
nholler wrote:
ken2mj wrote:One of the things I often wonder is if the UKBA scrutinise certain applications more closely than others, based solely on the applicant's nationality. It might explain why some applications are processed in just a couple of months, while others are dragged out for six or more.

Hi Ken2mj, I've often wondered the same thing. My wife (applicant) is Canadian so I thought it would be a seamless process. A friend of mine applied for the FLR (M) in November 2011 and his wife is Chinese and their application took 5 weeks. However, this was before the Olympics excuse which has been floating around since the new year.

I requested my passport back last Monday 20th August in the hope it would kickstart my application. Still haven't received passport as of yet.
Hello Nholler,

Have you received your passport back ? I also applied for return of my passport, the same day as yourself, but have not received it yet ? People on this forum said they have received their passport within a week and i was expecting mine to come through this week, but it didn't, just wondered if you received yours ?

Regards
Hi kshah,

Have you received your passport back yet? Mine hasn't turned up.
Hi nholler,

not yet.. i don't know how much more time it will take.. yesterday just a random thought crossed my mind..what if I withdraw my wife FLR(M) application and apply for Personal Appointment.. can I do this and what would be her status in the country between withdrawing her application and getting an appointment ? Will her stay in UK during that period be considered legal ?

Do you know anything about it or have you ever given this a thought ?

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:56 pm

It seems the process isnt getting any better. we thought once the Olympics are over (a big excuse) the processing time would pick up but from what i see here is quite the contrary.

This is just ridiculous i cannot believe it could take a civilized nation that long to issue a visa which i am entitled to and that too from a straight forward application. I dont know what to think anymore the whole process have just been so overwhelming. I lost a great job offer and might lose on the recent interviews i gave. I am a highly qualified professional and my skills are getting rusty as i cannot take on employment. I am losing money but most importantly losing time! thanks to UKBA.

Anyways ive been following this forum for past few months and it seems there is no pattern in their decision making. i see some people getting visas in 3 months, some of them got visas and they applied around the same time as i did, while others like me have to wait for ages. so i am really confused on how they process applications?? its definitely not first come first serve basis. perhaps they might be processing the application based on nationalities :?

Applied: 16th April 2012
Biometrics done: 10th May 2012
For all other stuff: STILL WAITING !!! (5 months)

DBI31
Newly Registered

Post by DBI31 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi kshah,

Do you know anything about it or have you ever given this a thought ?[/quote]

If her previous visa has expired then she has to leave the country immediately after withdrawing the application and cannot reapply inside UK.

I have been thinking that maybe we could apply on Premium Appointment without withdrawing the current application (so current visa is still valid) and give a letter saying you cannot provide the passport and previous visa because it is held in UKBA.

jbm

FLR (M) Waiting

Post by jbm » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Hi,
Updating on behave of my wife FLR m application

Application date :15 Aug 2012
acknowledgment letter recived: 21 Aug 2012
now waiting.....

she applied as her leave to remain(tier 1 dependent) was expiring on 17 aug 2012. she applied with covring letter saying she will send partner passport/ HO letter once he recieve his ILR granted. i have just recieved my ILR(10 year long residence) on 5 sept 2012 and planing to send my docments so HO can start processing her case. just wonder is this possible to just send HO letter to Them as i am not very confident for send my Biomatric card as if i lost it thats the only thing i have to prove i got ILR?

i hope somebody who gone through in same situation have idea what should i do?

badger111

Post by badger111 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 pm

DBI31 wrote:
badger111 wrote:Does anybody know what would happen in case one decides to withdrawn the application, and reapply using premium service?
1. You will lose the fee, so would have to pay £867 again

2. You will need a completely new application (remember rules changed) and more documentation

3. If your case is not processed the same day (that is what happened to me) if it is for IT problems it could take up to a month if it is due to further documents required then it may be treated as postal despite having paid the "premium"
I know all that, but even if the rules are changed, I have arrived in UK before new rules and entered civil partnership, so it doesn't look like they would affect me.

I know I would lose the money, but after 27 weeks of waiting I honestly don't care anymore. I would pay for the premium service just to get this over with.

I was wondering would they ask me to leave the country or anything like that? Or could I just reapply from UK?

shark5
Newly Registered

Post by shark5 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Badger111 I considered doing that and was told that you must have a valid visa to stay in the UK if you are going to withdraw and apply again. Not sure of your situation but that's what I was told...

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Has anyone had any experience with processing their visa quickly based on family emergencies?

I've just now had news about my dad's failing health and he's in the ER. I'm pretty sure I've heard others on here saying they have ill family members but the UKBA has refused to help them out. Not sure my situation is yet serious enough, but my dad's not doing well and if his situation deteriorates quickly, I don't want to be sitting around twiddling my thumbs. :(

Merianz
Newly Registered

Stii waiting

Post by Merianz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:01 am

Hi everyone, It's been more than 6 months since my documents were sent in ,since then i havent heard anything from them ,is it ok to call has anyone done this ,what number did you use

My timeline :

Date applied/docs sent: 13/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 15/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 16/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 26/03/2012
Visa Type :from Fiance to FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Fiancee

waitwaitwait

Re: Stii waiting

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:22 am

Hi,

You and me have a very similar timeline. I have completed 7 months now and still no update.
you need to call them on 0870 606 7766 and select option 2 which says return of documents. You will be on hold for around 10-30 minutes before your call is answered then you can tell them your name and your case ref no. and they can tell you whether a decision has been made or your application is yet to be decided.

Good luck

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting
Date Docs received: waiting

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4

Merianz wrote:Hi everyone, It's been more than 6 months since my documents were sent in ,since then i havent heard anything from them ,is it ok to call has anyone done this ,what number did you use

My timeline :

Date applied/docs sent: 13/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 15/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 16/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 26/03/2012
Visa Type :from Fiance to FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Fiancee

DBI31
Newly Registered

Post by DBI31 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:12 am

[quote="badger111"]

I know all that, but even if the rules are changed, I have arrived in UK before new rules and entered civil partnership, so it doesn't look like they would affect me.

I know I would lose the money, but after 27 weeks of waiting I honestly don't care anymore. I would pay for the premium service just to get this over with.

I was wondering would they ask me to leave the country or anything like that? Or could I just reapply from UK?[/quote]

If your previous visa has expired then you cannot reapply from UK and would need to leave the country.

I understand your frustration but the new rules are applied based on the date of application (see below my case) and personally I think they are so bad that you should just wait for your application to be processed.

I applied online on 19 June 2012 before the rules had changed but my appointment was on 3 August so everything I had filled in the online application was scrapped and I had to fill the new application and provide more documentation i.e. contract of employment, letter from my employer, 6 months of bank statements and pay slips, tenancy agreement, proof of address.

Additionally, because my application was dated as of 3 August if my visa is granted it would be under the new rules so it would only be valid for 2.5 years, then I would need to extend for 2.5 more years, then apply for ILR.

badger111

Post by badger111 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:14 pm

DBI31 wrote:
badger111 wrote:

I was wondering would they ask me to leave the country or anything like that? Or could I just reapply from UK?
If your previous visa has expired then you cannot reapply from UK and would need to leave the country.

I understand your frustration but the new rules are applied based on the date of application (see below my case) and personally I think they are so bad that you should just wait for your application to be processed.

I applied online on 19 June 2012 before the rules had changed but my appointment was on 3 August so everything I had filled in the online application was scrapped and I had to fill the new application and provide more documentation i.e. contract of employment, letter from my employer, 6 months of bank statements and pay slips, tenancy agreement, proof of address.

Additionally, because my application was dated as of 3 August if my visa is granted it would be under the new rules so it would only be valid for 2.5 years, then I would need to extend for 2.5 more years, then apply for ILR.
I see. Well I got here on fiancée visa, which was issued 23.12. last year, and expired this year in May. I have of course enterde civil partnership in March this year.
Another thing with me is that I'm from Croatia, I do not need visa to visit UK, but I needed visa to enter CP. And Croatia is joining EU next year in July, so whatever rules are now will not affect me after Croatia joins EU because I am a partner of British citizen.
I know it's best to wait....my biggest problem is that I need NHS number because I have some issues with my health, and this waiting is killing me because I can't get any help unless I start dying.
It has been over 6 months since I sent an application...

kshah
Newly Registered

Post by kshah » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:31 pm

DBI31 wrote:Hi kshah,

Do you know anything about it or have you ever given this a thought ?

If her previous visa has expired then she has to leave the country immediately after withdrawing the application and cannot reapply inside UK.

I have been thinking that maybe we could apply on Premium Appointment without withdrawing the current application (so current visa is still valid) and give a letter saying you cannot provide the passport and previous visa because it is held in UKBA.[/quote]

Thanks DB131,

But are you allowed to a file a fresh application when already your old application is in process. I am sure they will say , withdraw your old application and then file for a fresh application.

I am thinking to ask for return of my wife's passport , without withdrawing my wife's application. Will they allow me to do that ? Atleast by doing this, she could atleast register with employment agencies ? Do you have any idea about this ?

nholler
Newly Registered

passport

Post by nholler » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi Kshah,

Just to let you know, my passport turned up today therefore yours should turn up shortly.

The letter just states that a copy has been retained with the application and I won't need to return it unless a caseworker requires it.