ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there a salary bracket exemption for Research Technician?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sarani
Newly Registered

Is there a salary bracket exemption for Research Technician?

Post by Sarani » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 am

Hi,

I am currently working on PSW. I am a research Technician in the University of Leeds. I have been working full-time for a year and now I have been working part-time. The University of ready to give me a sponsor certificate but my only concern is the salary. I do not fit into the minimum slaray mentioned by UKBA and I wanted to know if that would be a problem.

Is there any exemption for shortage staff or people working in the field of research?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is there a salary bracket exemption for Research Technic

Post by makky86 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Sarani wrote:Hi,

I am currently working on PSW. I am a research Technician in the University of Leeds. I have been working full-time for a year and now I have been working part-time. The University of ready to give me a sponsor certificate but my only concern is the salary. I do not fit into the minimum slaray mentioned by UKBA and I wanted to know if that would be a problem.

Is there any exemption for shortage staff or people working in the field of research?
Its not only the salary but IT Technicians are at SQF Level 4 . Currently job has to be at least SQL Level 6 otherwise you can't apply.

Sarani
Newly Registered

Re: Is there a salary bracket exemption for Research Technic

Post by Sarani » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:18 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
Sarani wrote:Hi,

Its not only the salary but IT Technicians are at SQF Level 4 . Currently job has to be at least SQL Level 6 otherwise you can't apply.
Hello Muhdkhokhar,

I am working on a grade 5 scale according to the University. Where can I find the equivalent SQL?