ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier One Visa Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikas.sareen
Newly Registered

Tier One Visa Extension

Post by vikas.sareen » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Hi,

I am from India and I studied at London Metropolitan University in Lonon and got my degree in 2006 based on which I applied my first Tier 1 Genral Visa in 2010, My visa is now due for extension and just few days back there was a news that London Metropolitan university has been stripped of its right to teach students outside the EU. I am concerned if that can affect my VISA Application in the UK.

Please advise.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Did you actually study for your degree and pass in a manner that would be considered normal? The cheats know themselves for what they are, and perhaps they should be worried; as for anyone who was a genuine student and is merely an innocent victim of this mess, they can relax.

vikas.sareen
Newly Registered

Post by vikas.sareen » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:56 pm

[quote="Lucapooka"]Did you actually study for your degree and pass in a manner that would be considered normal? The cheats know themselves for what they are, and perhaps they should be worried; as for anyone who was a genuine student and is merely an innocent victim of this mess, they can relax.[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I Studied for this course genuinely and was on valid Student visa through out the length of the course.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:10 pm

So stop worrying. There is no indication that there will a retrospective analysis of the awards of previous students, but that is not to say it won't arise on a case by case basis.