ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to apply for BC form AN

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aparat
Newly Registered

When to apply for BC form AN

Post by aparat » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Hi Im new in here so be gentle :)
My question is in the topic and thats my story:
I came to UK on 1 of march 2006 and I've started working on 6th March 2006 for chemical company ( still working for the same employer). On January 2012 I have applied for document certifying permanent residency(EEA3) got it on June 2012 but have just realised I could apply for BC( Form AN) on March 2012 so can anyone tell me when I can apply for it
1. Now because I've got 5years at work+1 year as PR
2. June 2013

Glc

Post by Glc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:34 pm

You need to hold ILR for at least 12 months before applying so June 2013 it is. You should also meet all other standard requirements, of course.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Now (assuming you meet the requirements).

You will need to submit the PR evidence again. See more - EEA3 or naturalisation.

Please note that there is a downside to becoming British. You will not be able to use the EEA route for family members in future (if this is a possibility).

aparat
Newly Registered

Post by aparat » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:42 pm

I'm confused now who is right Glc or Jambo?
You will not be able to use the EEA route for family members in future (if this is a possibility).
something will be restricted?

aparat
Newly Registered

Post by aparat » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:27 am

One more thing can my employer ( who is owner/manager) who is VAT registered be my referee ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 am

aparat wrote:I'm confused now who is right Glc or Jambo?
I think I'm right but I might be wrong :-)
(Glc answer would be correct if you had ILR under the domestic rules but it is different under EEA regulations as PR is obtained automatically after 5 years exercising treaty rights)
You will not be able to use the EEA route for family members in future (if this is a possibility).
something will be restricted?
Recent changes to the EEA regulations in the UK mean that a British dual national can't use his other EEA nationality to apply under the EEA regulations. This might nt be relevant to you but you should be aware of that. If for example, you are single and in future you will get married with a non EEA national and would like to live in the UK, the spouse would need to meet the UK domestic immigration requirements (such as English level, income level) and can't use the EEA regulations.

For me, I don't see major benefits for a EEA national to become British (especially if you are from the original 15 EU countries) but citizenship is a very personal and emotional matter.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:49 am

aparat wrote:One more thing can my employer ( who is owner/manager) who is VAT registered be my referee ?
Yes

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Jambo

I have send you PM.When you have time,have a look and advice me.

Thanks

Jaffar

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi Jambo

Thank you for your reply.I have replied you back.

Jaffar