ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Solicitors

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nirrik
BANNED

Immigration Solicitors

Post by Nirrik » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:51 pm

Can anyone please advise if they used Immigration Solicitors to process their application. If so, which one/s?

thanks in advance.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Applications should be made as far as possible through self as far possible. This is my personal opinion.

MissM
Newly Registered

Post by MissM » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:59 pm

uksettlement wrote:Applications should be made as far as possible through self as far possible. This is my personal opinion.
Hie am new! I was about to ask whether to use a solicitor or do it myself to renew my DL (3yrs). Doesn`t it help more if you have a solicitor or not? I am clueless.

Thanks.

panther80
inactive

Post by panther80 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:28 pm

If you think you do not understand the process and the guidelines, then you should definitely seek professional advice of an immigration solicitor / advisor.
This forum is very helpful as well, If you have any particular doubts, you could raise your queries and any of the members will respond and you don't have to pay any fees.

MissM
Newly Registered

Post by MissM » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:24 pm

My son (10 years old) and I got DL for 3 years, expires 01/10/12. His father has ILR so does my daughter (2 years old). We were given DL outside immigration rules. My old solicitor has asked for £1000 to help us both renew our DL. I was planning on applying for registering him as a British citizen because of his father. We have no plans of travelling so I was not in a hurry to do this. However, the solicitor has told me that if I don`t renew his leave before it runs out he will be illegal. My son is autistic and goes to a special school so am already panicking. From my understanding unless we are travelling he will be fine, right?

A few questions:
1. Should I use a solicitor, will it make a difference with the HO? I have read all the requirents for FLR (0) and I have the supporting documents etc.
2. Should I renew my DL together with my son or not. Will my application be treated any differently on my own. I am my sons only carer.
3. I have come across FORM T on the UKBA website, should I use that route for him?

Nirrik
BANNED

Post by Nirrik » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 am

Hello MissM,

I am not very familiar with the DL and FLR process and requirements, but personally, I think, given the slight complication of your situation, that you should consult a solicitor or an immigration advisor. You might not need them to complete the entire application process for you, but just for advice purposes, which would be cheaper.

if, based on the advice they provide you, you want them to complete the entire process, then you can make that decision at the time.

If anything, you will at least get some peace of mind. This is just my personal opinion.

Best regards.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:55 am

Was your son born in the UK?

MissM
Newly Registered

Post by MissM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:55 am

Greenie wrote:Was your son born in the UK?
Yes he was.

Thank you all for your replies.

MissM
Newly Registered

Post by MissM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:13 am

Nirrik wrote:Hello MissM,

I am not very familiar with the DL and FLR process and requirements, but personally, I think, given the slight complication of your situation, that you should consult a solicitor or an immigration advisor. You might not need them to complete the entire application process for you, but just for advice purposes, which would be cheaper.

if, based on the advice they provide you, you want them to complete the entire process, then you can make that decision at the time.

If anything, you will at least get some peace of mind. This is just my personal opinion.

Best regards.
Didn`t think of asking for a solicitor to just look at the application and I send it off myself. Brilliant idea thanks. :)

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 am

MissM wrote:
Yes he was.

Why did your son need DL 3 years back?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

MissM
Newly Registered

Post by MissM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:16 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
MissM wrote:
Yes he was.

Why did your son need DL 3 years back?[/quote

I had a human rights application made after HO wouldn`t give me a student visa after 6 years. Never refused, just no response. At that point I had graduated from uni and I wanted to apply for a graduate visa and do a PGCE as well as work. So my solicitor said coz of my son the human rights one was a better route. Thus how my son got his DL, he was 7 then.