ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

citdep
Newly Registered

Re: Issue on Naturalisation

Post by citdep » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:04 pm

sunshine-girl wrote:The reality is they give priority to those applicant who pay tax and family members come last. Also they are looking at the backlog backwards to imply that they are processing applications faster.

I don't think that is necessarily true, My friend applied in 2008, we both got our naturalization together. Another lady who i spoke with at the ceremony applied in 2010... so the train is moving.
the question is, was any of those people spouse of Irish Citizen?

dublinkhan
Newly Registered

Post by dublinkhan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:12 pm

citdep wrote:
sunshine-girl wrote:The reality is they give priority to those applicant who pay tax and family members come last. Also they are looking at the backlog backwards to imply that they are processing applications faster.

I don't think that is necessarily true, My friend applied in 2008, we both got our naturalization together. Another lady who i spoke with at the ceremony applied in 2010... so the train is moving.
i applied may2009 and i got a later for prof of address 9 weeks ago i submit
it same week is anyone know how long time take mor?

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:00 pm

citdep wrote:

I think Irish and EU spouse are in very slow motion track, they got very nice "Be more patient" letter on June 2012 and we will process your appliation by the end of the year or next year, or ....

citdep
Newly Registered

Post by citdep » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:19 pm

ks2010 wrote:
citdep wrote:

I think Irish and EU spouse are in very slow motion track, they got very nice "Be more patient" letter on June 2012 and we will process your appliation by the end of the year or next year, or ....

in another words, no respect to families, its all the matter of who pays tax, all about money

sunshine-girl
Newly Registered

Post by sunshine-girl » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:02 pm

citdep wrote:

Hey citdep

Concerning the two ladies, they weren't spouse of Irish/EU citizen

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:53 am

i have few friends from india ,brazil,russia they married with eu and irsh citizens,all of my mates got theirs approvals within 5-11 months...so guys dont loose your hope you will get your approvals soon.just make sure update your applicantion status..........good luck

Eastend

Post by Eastend » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:40 am

citdep wrote:
ks2010 wrote:
citdep wrote:

in another words, no respect to families, its all the matter of who pays tax, all about money
This is all wrong, my personal experence is totally different. My wife applied as spouse of Irish National at the end of 2011. In May 2012 INIS asked for proof of address and few other documents withing 28 days from the date of letter. After submitting documents I received letter that application is processed to second stage of processing (Further Processing Team) in June 2012. At the end of June received another letter saying all normal applications are processed in six month time frame.

I am hopping to have invitation soon for oath.

dub007

Post by dub007 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Any Approvals issued if yes when Applied for Naturalisation and on what basis... Thanks

ks2010

Post by ks2010 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:27 pm

dub007 wrote:Any Approvals issued if yes when Applied for Naturalisation and on what basis... Thanks
I think the postmen will be busy in few days
I called this morning for my wife and I was told it is too late for her application (10/2010) for October ceremony because they have already prepared the Batch

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:03 pm

ks2010 wrote:
dub007 wrote:Any Approvals issued if yes when Applied for Naturalisation and on what basis... Thanks
I called this morning for my wife and I was told it is too late for her application (10/2010) for October ceremony because they have already prepared the Batch
I guess tomorrow there will be shower of approval letters :D
Not waiting any more

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi Everybody!

one of our neighbors has got his approval yesterday and asked to submit the fee and the photos etc and no date of oath is mentioned, he got his approval letter after 5 years 2 months........So definitely next wave is coming!

I was at the Convention Center Dublin on 30th Aug, to get my Naturalization Cert and that was a memorable event. Anyway My whole family has Irish Passports now and we r free to move. But many other friends are still waiting, so fingers crossed and best of LUCK :wink:
PIKKA

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:56 am

I'm a December 2011 applicant so I'm not too hopeful that I'm in this batch but hopefully I'll be in the December group.

Wishing everyone the best :D

dub007

Post by dub007 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:40 am

Mentalist101 wrote:I'm a December 2011 applicant so I'm not too hopeful that I'm in this batch but hopefully I'll be in the December group.

I am from Dec 2011 as well (App based on spouse of Irish)
Hopefully we will get the lucky letter sooner then latter :)
Good Luck to everyone

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Post by sonnyhind » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 am

dub007 wrote:
Mentalist101 wrote:I'm a December 2011 applicant so I'm not too hopeful that I'm in this batch but hopefully I'll be in the December group.

Good Luck to everyone
last batch had Sep 11 applicants approved, so this batch might well have the december lot in

tiksan
Newly Registered

Post by tiksan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 pm

ks2010 wrote:
Can please anybody tell if the approval letters come by registered post or normal post?

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi All,

I applied in Dec 2011 on 5 years basis and im also married to Irish national. I received a letter this morning asking for copy of passport page with issue date on it. It said the moment they receive this, they will put me to the 2nd stage. Whatever that means. but it seems they have started working on late 2011 applications so hoping to get the confirmation for December.

Good luck to all who are waiting and congrats to who have received for October ceremony.

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:14 pm

blessed_sinner wrote:Hi All,

I applied in Dec 2011 on 5 years basis and im also married to Irish national. I received a letter this morning asking for copy of passport page with issue date on it. It said the moment they receive this, they will put me to the 2nd stage. Whatever that means. but it seems they have started working on late 2011 applications so hoping to get the confirmation for December.

Good luck to all who are waiting and congrats to who have received for October ceremony.

Wow that's lucky. I also applied on the basis of five years residency as i came into the country as a minor based on my mothers IBC. Emailed the citizenship office yesterday and received this letter

Dear xxxx

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minster for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay

As well as being a significant event in the life of the recipient, the
granting of Irish citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law
is also a major step for the State which confers certain rights and
entitlements not only within the State but also at European Union level and
it is important that appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the
integrity of the process.

Regards

Citizenship Section.

So i doubt i will be in this batch :(

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:21 pm

dub007 wrote:

Good Luck to everyone
Hope you get yours soon, It'll give me some hope! :D

sonnyhind
Newly Registered

Post by sonnyhind » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:48 pm

I applied in Dec 2011 based on 5years working visa.

I received a letter advising my application has progressed to 2nd stage.
It appears the application will be sent to minister for decision once the 2nd stage checks are complete.

No details provided around whats involved in this second stage and what the timelines are.

Anyone else got anything similar?

nissa

Post by nissa » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi any news about jan/feb 2011 applications so please share has any one got any information about early 2011 applications when the decisions are expected in dec2012 or in jan 2013 thanks. :!:

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:48 pm

www.inis.gov.ie there is new form for citizenship application from last one week.just makesure if your planning to submit your new application please fill the new version form.because old forms are sending back to the sender. good luck everybody please pass this message to your and family who are planining to submit theirs application recently.................good luck

mhmh
Newly Registered

Post by mhmh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:50 pm

nissa wrote:Hi any news about jan/feb 2011 applications so please share has any one got any information about early 2011 applications when the decisions are expected in dec2012 or in jan 2013 thanks. :!:
my friend applied in early 2011 exactly on january and still got nothing

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:07 pm

mhmh wrote:
nissa wrote:Hi any news about jan/feb 2011 applications so please share has any one got any information about early 2011 applications when the decisions are expected in dec2012 or in jan 2013 thanks. :!:
my friend applied in early 2011 exactly on january and still got nothing
hello havent seen that much information given on this forum about early jan-march 2011 applications.please share your information if you are in between jan-march 2011 has any body got any letter thanks. :?:

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:13 am

few of my indian and philiponess friends applied january and march 2011 they got theirs approvals.i think its totally luck.dont loose your hope just make sure update yours details.good luck

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:58 am

PIKKA wrote:
Hi Everybody!

one of our neighbors has got his approval yesterday and asked to submit the fee and the photos etc and no date of oath is mentioned, he got his approval letter after 5 years 2 months........So definitely next wave is coming!

I was at the Convention Center Dublin on 30th Aug, to get my Naturalization Cert and that was a memorable event. Anyway My whole family has Irish Passports now and we r free to move. But many other friends are still waiting, so fingers crossed and best of LUCK :wink:
This just gave me a fresh hope that your neighbour received his approval after 5yrs and 2mnths., i have been patiently waiting now over 4 yrs and 10mnts. :(