ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP ME PLEASE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kwesi123
Newly Registered

HELP ME PLEASE

Post by Kwesi123 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:59 am

I'm a non EU family member of an European national. My residence stamp will be 5 years in November when I can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain but I no longer live with my EU family though she's still in the UK. I have however gone to uni within this 5 years and have been employed full-time since after. Question is, can I apply for 'indefinite' in my own right now without my EU family sponsor? (she doesn't seem to be willing to assist me anymore - family feud)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:06 pm

You will need evidence that you have been residing with the EU national for a period of 5years in accordance with the EEA Regulations for you to qualify for PR.
You require her support to proceed.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

john987
Newly Registered

Post by john987 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Obi is i am right here to say that it does not matter that you living with your spouse together in eea case only that matter eea spouse should be exercising the treaty.

john987
Newly Registered

Post by john987 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:32 pm

because you put in your post that he should be with his wife for whole 5 years.i think thats not right.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:54 am

Well i was not suggesting they have to live in the same house,as that will certainly be wrong in law. I was simply stating they both have to be residing in the UK in accordance with the EEA regulations for 5year. I apologise if i did not make it clear enough, but i never meant they have to live in same household.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:34 pm

Obie wrote:Well i was not suggesting they have to live in the same house,as that will certainly be wrong in law. I was simply stating they both have to be residing in the UK in accordance with the EEA regulations for 5year. I apologise if i did not make it clear enough, but i never meant they have to live in same household.
HI Obie, john987 point was that it's not enough just living together but the EEA suppose to exercise the treaty right, which im agree with him.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

john987
Newly Registered

Post by john987 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:02 pm

you can aply for pr by your own you just need to have your eea spouse 5 year p60 or anykind of proof that she was exercising treaty here in anyway.and what you do in this 5 year its not important, its important only if you had divorce from your spouse so you need to make sure your eea spouse provide you her id and paper for proof that she was doing something in uk and if she dont want to do so make her condition that you will go to court and ask to facilitate with her docs.try to convince her personally.best of luck

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:35 pm

spike_UK wrote:
Obie wrote:Well i was not suggesting they have to live in the same house,as that will certainly be wrong in law. I was simply stating they both have to be residing in the UK in accordance with the EEA regulations for 5year. I apologise if i did not make it clear enough, but i never meant they have to live in same household.
HI Obie, john987 point was that it's not enough just living together but the EEA suppose to exercise the treaty right, which im agree with him.
I believe residing in the UK for 5 years in accordance with the EEA regulations actually means residing in the UK as a family member of a qualified person or someone with the right of Permanent residence. Therefore i seem to have stated that condition from the outset.

I was reacting to his second consecutive post and not the first. The first seems okay. The second seems to be misquoting me.

Kwesi123
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remaon

Post by Kwesi123 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:12 pm

I'm really not clear, please explain. The original enquiry is below.

I'm a non EU family member of an European national. My residence stamp will be 5 years in November when I expect to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain but I no longer live with my EU family though she's still in the UK. I have however gone to uni within this 5 years and have been employed full-time after that (salary is £50k circa).

Question is, can I apply for 'ILR' in my own right now without my EU family sponsor at the end of the 5 years?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remaon

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:14 pm

Kwesi123 wrote:I'm really not clear, please explain. The original enquiry is below.

I'm a non EU family member of an European national. My residence stamp will be 5 years in November when I expect to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain but I no longer live with my EU family though she's still in the UK. I have however gone to uni within this 5 years and have been employed full-time after that (salary is £50k circa).

Question is, can I apply for 'ILR' in my own right now without my EU family sponsor at the end of the 5 years?
You really need to familarise yourself with the directive 2004/28/EC and article 13 in particular. If having read it you are still unsure, by all means post back.

Kwesi123
Newly Registered

Post by Kwesi123 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:37 am

To be honest this 2004/28/EC is a bogus document which doesn't address my primary concern. My question is quite simple: Can one apply in their own right after holding a residence stamp for 5 years without their EEC sponsor?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:18 pm

The Directive is not a bogus document. It is the basis of your stay in the UK.

Your question has been answered in the negative from the outset.

I have stated that irrespective of the circumstance, you will need evidence from your EEA parner or spouse , or ex, as the case may be, to qualify.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:12 am

Kwesi123 wrote:To be honest this 2004/28/EC is a bogus document which doesn't address my primary concern. My question is quite simple: Can one apply in their own right after holding a residence stamp for 5 years without their EEC sponsor?
The answer is NO, as previously indicated.
Be good.

jovon

Hi

Post by jovon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi all am in the same situation my mum is my eea sponsor and am due my PR in January 2013 but the problem is that have not lived with her for 2years now dont know if this would be a problem when applying for my PR cos I hear I need to live with her continuosly for 5 hrs.is this right

jovon

Re: Hi

Post by jovon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Please any help

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Hi

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:43 pm

jovon wrote:Hi all am in the same situation my mum is my eea sponsor and am due my PR in January 2013 but the problem is that have not lived with her for 2years now dont know if this would be a problem when applying for my PR cos I hear I need to live with her continuosly for 5 hrs.is this right
Sometimes it can be better to start one's own thread. If you do so, please briefly explain your circumstances and what you'd like to know.

Your age will be important so make sure you state that.