ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calculation of the Continuous Five Year Period

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nirrik
BANNED

Calculation of the Continuous Five Year Period

Post by Nirrik » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:33 pm

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how the five year continuous period is calculated, as the guidance on UKBA site is not very clear.

I am currently on a Work Permit which runs out in January 2013. I will be applying for ILR in December 2012. I was looking at the number of days I was out of the UK, and I’m not sure if I have exceeded the 180 days allowed for being out of the UK.

During the last five years, I have been out of the country for 225 days, broken down as follows:

1. Holiday (consistent with annual paid leave) – 89 days
2. Short Business Trips (Mainly 2-3 days at a time in the EU and including travel days, and a few times up to 15 days at time internationally) – 136 days.

There have been no other absences out of the UK during the five years.

Would it be possible to have some feedback from someone on whether I have exceeded the allowed limit and if I would have problems when applying.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Calculation of the Continuous Five Year Period

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Nirrik wrote:I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how the five year continuous period is calculated, as the guidance on UKBA site is not very clear.

I am currently on a Work Permit which runs out in January 2013. I will be applying for ILR in December 2012. I was looking at the number of days I was out of the UK, and I’m not sure if I have exceeded the 180 days allowed for being out of the UK.

During the last five years, I have been out of the country for 225 days, broken down as follows:

1. Holiday (consistent with annual paid leave) – 89 days
2. Short Business Trips (Mainly 2-3 days at a time in the EU and including travel days, and a few times up to 15 days at time internationally) – 136 days.

There have been no other absences out of the UK during the five years.

Would it be possible to have some feedback from someone on whether I have exceeded the allowed limit and if I would have problems when applying.
Exclude any days that you were physically present in UK, ie, date of departure and arrival from/in UK.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Nirrik
BANNED

Post by Nirrik » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:15 pm

Hello wpilr,

Thanks for your response. Questions as follows:

1. Is the any guidance saying the departure/arrival dates can be excluded?
2. This must have been asked many times as well, but will ask again. My entry clearance was granted on 08/01/08, but i only arrived into the UK on 05/02/08 (29 days later). My visa expires on 08/01/13. when calculating the 28 days before which I can apply, must this be done 28 days before 08/01/13 (date of visa expiry) or 28 days before 05/02/13?

Many thanks.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:08 am

You can find answers to all your questions here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Nirrik
BANNED

Post by Nirrik » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:00 am

thanks wpilr,

i did read that, but the source of the information was not included to verify its authenticity/validity.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi Nirrik,

You should find everything on UKBA site. I don't think its is a very good idea to challenge somebody's post and users to believe what experts have said and other things are also based on user experience.

Its ones ow responsibility to look for validity / authenticity.

Thanks!