ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appropriate Salary - Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vijay87
Newly Registered

Appropriate Salary - Tier 2 General

Post by vijay87 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Post Study Work visa and I have been working for my current employer for 20 months. My current leave expires on 14th Oct, 2012. My employer has assigned me an unrestricted CoS on Aug 20, 2012 which states that I will receive the appropriate salary of £26000. The appropriate salary for my job title is £26000, but I don't receive that much right now. As the CoS states the start date for my job will be 15th Oct, 2012. I am planning to apply for Tier 2 General at the end of September. My question is, do I have to show that I earn £26000 using my bank statements or payslips, or is it sufficient if I receive the above said pay from 15th Oct onwards, in which case I don't have to show my earnings. Please share your ideas.

Thanks.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Appropriate Salary - Tier 2 General

Post by makky86 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:59 am

vijay87 wrote:Hi,

I am currently on Post Study Work visa and I have been working for my current employer for 20 months. My current leave expires on 14th Oct, 2012. My employer has assigned me an unrestricted CoS on Aug 20, 2012 which states that I will receive the appropriate salary of £26000. The appropriate salary for my job title is £26000, but I don't receive that much right now. As the CoS states the start date for my job will be 15th Oct, 2012. I am planning to apply for Tier 2 General at the end of September. My question is, do I have to show that I earn £26000 using my bank statements or payslips, or is it sufficient if I receive the above said pay from 15th Oct onwards, in which case I don't have to show my earnings. Please share your ideas.

Thanks.
-You don't have to prove that you're earning that much.
-Since July 2012 now you dont' have to prove that you have been working with employer for 6 months
-You are also exempted from Maintanance and English Test
-You will not have to submit payslip
-COS (Certificate of Spnsorship) is everything
-Make sure the salary in your COS for 37.5 hours / week

vijay87
Newly Registered

Post by vijay87 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:30 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:

Thanks.
-Since July 2012 now you dont' have to prove that you have been working with employer for 6 months
Thank you very much muhdkhokhar.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:39 am

vijay87 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:

Thanks.
No problem

Are you going to apply in person or by post ? (If you apply by post it might take 2-3 months)

vijay87
Newly Registered

Post by vijay87 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:52 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:
vijay87 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:

Thanks.
No problem

Are you going to apply in person or by post ? (If you apply by post it might take 2-3 months)
I am planning to apply in person. I wanted to wait till the end of Sept for my 90 day bank statement. Now I can apply straight away.

vijay87
Newly Registered

Post by vijay87 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:19 am

vijay87 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
vijay87 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
No problem

I am planning to apply in person. I wanted to wait till the end of Sept for my 90 day bank statement. Now I can apply straight away.
Hi muhdkhokhar,

In the online application for Tier 2 General, the sections on Maintenance and English language requirements still require to choose one of the options. What should I do?

Thanks.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:04 pm

vijay87 wrote:
vijay87 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
vijay87 wrote:
No problem

Hi muhdkhokhar,

In the online application for Tier 2 General, the sections on Maintenance and English language requirements still require to choose one of the options. What should I do?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------

See below.

You will meet the English language requirement automatically and score points without having to send further evidence if:

you have previously been given permission to stay under Tier 1 (General) or Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), or as a businessperson, a work permit holder, a representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation, a member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline, or a Jewish agency employee;

Work Permit holder includes (Post Study Worker)

--------------------------

For Maintenance
=========

You must score 10 points for maintenance (funds).

You will also automatically score 10 points for maintenance if you are currently in the UK in one of the following immigration categories:

any Tier 2 category
work permit holder
Jewish agency employee
member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline
minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order
representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation

vijay87
Newly Registered

Post by vijay87 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:59 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
vijay87 wrote:
vijay87 wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
No problem

Hi muhdkhokhar,

Thanks.

-----------------------------------

See below.

You will meet the English language requirement automatically and score points without having to send further evidence if:

you have previously been given permission to stay under Tier 1 (General) or Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), or as a businessperson, a work permit holder, a representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation, a member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline, or a Jewish agency employee;

--------------------------

For Maintenance
=========

You must score 10 points for maintenance (funds).

You will also automatically score 10 points for maintenance if you are currently in the UK in one of the following immigration categories:

any Tier 2 category
work permit holder
Jewish agency employee
member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline
minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order
representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation

Thanks very much for all your help. I couldn't find anywhere that Post study work is included in Work Permit Holder category. Can you please give me a link if you have one.

Thanks.

vijay87
Newly Registered

Post by vijay87 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:09 pm

In the points based calculator, it says

Automatic Points for Maintenance

You will automatically be awarded 10 points for maintenance (funds) if you satisfy any of the following criteria:

you can score points for sponsorship for switching from the post-study worker category of tier 1;
you have current permission to stay as a Jewish agency employee;
you have current permission to stay as a member of the operational ground staff of an overseas-owned airline;
you have current permission to stay as a minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order;
you have current permission to stay as a representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation;
you have current permission to stay as a current work permit holder.

That's what I am confused with. Thanks.