ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need information for Indefinate Work Permit + Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shani_haider
Newly Registered

Need information for Indefinate Work Permit + Tier 1

Post by shani_haider » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:28 am

Hi All,

Can some one please help me as me and my wife are due for ILR in mid October. My five years completed under following 2 categories

1. Work Permit
2. Tier 1 (General)

Just to brief you:

1. I got WP on 15 November 2007 which was Valid till 15 November 2012.

2. I Moved to Tier 1 and got visa from 27 May 2009 till 27 May 2012 (First visa for 3 Years)

3. I got extention for my Tier 1 (I applied before rules changed this year in July) and got my Biopmetric card which is walid from 1st June 2012 till 1st June 2014.(First extention for 2 Years)

So my 5 Year will complete on 15 November so according to law I can appl;y 28 days before which will be 13 October. I am planning to apply on window so please can some one advice me what documents do I need.

My wife joined me in 31 October 2009 so she is with me since then and full fil requirement to apply for ILR with me. I have a son who is 10 months old, he do not have any visa yet and I am planning to apply for his british passport once we get ILR so I will not submit his details with my application.

I need to know what documenst do I need and when should I book appointment so please can some one help me with this all.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:41 am

please refer to sticky for guidance on documents...

shani_haider
Newly Registered

Post by shani_haider » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:36 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:please refer to sticky for guidance on documents...
Hi Gaurav

Thanks for your response as I am new to this forum so I have checked all stucky information and cannot find anything relavant so can you please put me on right path

Thanks

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:46 pm

have you gone throught he guidance notes...there is alist of document which need to be provided..let me know if you didn't understood anything and will definitely help you out...

shani_haider
Newly Registered

Post by shani_haider » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:11 pm

gaurav76.5 wrote:have you gone throught he guidance notes...there is alist of document which need to be provided..let me know if you didn't understood anything and will definitely help you out...
Thanks for your response I could not find any guidance notes but I found FAQ which are not relevant to my case and did not help me much so can you please send me any link or provide me with info. I would be very grateful to you

Thanks in advance

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:42 am

LIUK test certticate (for yourself and your wife)

Cohabitiation documents (for last 2years)

All same document which you used to apply fir TIer 1 (to show that you are scoring enough points)

Last 5 yeas p60's...

shani_haider
Newly Registered

Post by shani_haider » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:51 am

gaurav76.5 wrote:LIUK test certticate (for yourself and your wife)

Cohabitiation documents (for last 2years)

All same document which you used to apply fir TIer 1 (to show that you are scoring enough points)

Last 5 yeas p60's...
Thanks alot Gaurav I will start preparing these documents from now..... just a quick question for cohabitiation documents I following documents:

1. English translated Marriage Certificate
2. My wife's bank statements for same address as mine
3. Last 1 Year council tax bills on our names.

Secondly I also need to confirm one more thing if you can help me in that. I have a 10 month old son who was born in UK and I am planning not to apply for residency to save money as I can register him as a british once I get my residency .....

I have following concerns:

1. Will it create any issues for me and my wife's application
2. Do they have in their record that we had a baby
3. Will they ask about him when we will submit our application in window
4. If they ask what should we tell to them
5. Is it alright if we take him alonf with us on the day of submission

I would be greatful if you can answer all my questions.

One more thing I tried to book appointment date online but there is no date available in any application center as I have searched for all of them and with combination of all available dates it always say

"We do not have any appointments available for your preferred dates and locations.
Please change your preferred dates and location and search again. "

Can you please also comment on that.

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:02 am

Regarding cohabitation documents :

Marriage certificate is not treated as cohabitation document

Remember You need the documents for last 2 years...if possible take NHS card as well

Regarding your concern :

1 No

2 No

3 Maybe depends on caseworker

4 You can tell them we would be registering our child as british citizen as soon as we get our ILR

5 Yes

Its not easy to book the appointment loads of people are facing thais problem because people are booking multiple appointment and some agents and solicitrs also reserve the slots....Try booking in midnight straight after 12 as that is the time UKBA releases slots...

Otherwise I can refer you to immigration solicitor...

shani_haider
Newly Registered

Post by shani_haider » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:42 am

gaurav76.5 wrote:Regarding cohabitation documents :

Remember You need the documents for last 2 years...if possible take NHS card as well

Regarding your concern :

1 No

2 No

4 You can tell them we would be registering our child as british citizen as soon as we get our ILR

5 Yes

Its not easy to book the appointment loads of people are facing thais problem because people are booking multiple appointment and some agents and solicitrs also reserve the slots....Try booking in midnight straight after 12 as that is the time UKBA releases slots...

Thanks alot Gaurav :)

Let me try booking myself after 12 for this week and if situation is still same then I might need you to reffer me good solicitor

Regarding NHS card are you talking about my wife's NHS maternity card ???

shani_haider
Newly Registered

Post by shani_haider » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:22 pm

shani_haider wrote:
gaurav76.5 wrote:Regarding cohabitation documents :

Regarding your concern :

1 No

2 No

5 Yes

Thanks alot Gaurav :)

Let me try booking myself after 12 for this week and if situation is still same then I might need you to reffer me good solicitor

Regarding NHS card are you talking about my wife's NHS maternity card ???
Hi Gaurav,

I have tried couple of times at mifnight but no luck so could you please pm me solicitor details