ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help about 10 year continuous residency.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sonia123

Need help about 10 year continuous residency.

Post by sonia123 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:37 pm

Hello,

My sister has PSW at the moment and after few months she has to apply for 10 ILR and really really need help about few things.

1-Will she has to show her 10 year progress or ukba will look at only last year progress?

2-How much minimum income she has to show that she is earning?

3-How much bank statement she has to show?

Please reply if someone knows. thank you.

Sonia.

s_raj11

Re: Need help about 10 year continuous residency.

Post by s_raj11 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:13 pm

sonia123 wrote:Hello,

My sister has PSW at the moment and after few months she has to apply for 10 ILR and really really need help about few things.

1-Will she has to show her 10 year progress or ukba will look at only last year progress?

Hello,

For 10 yrs long residence route UKBA looks at all your previous extensions and time spent outise UK. Look at the website for these rules.

You dong need to show any income or any balance. Infact you dont need to send any bank statements as it is not mandatory.

The docs which need to be sent are

All you passports ( Present & Previous )
Life in UK Test results

Any others docs sent other than the top are at your own will & wish but are not mandatory.

Sonia.

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Sonia.
Hello,

For 10 yrs long residence route UKBA looks at all your previous extensions and time spent outise UK. Look at the website for these rules.

You dong need to show any income or any balance. Infact you dont need to send any bank statements as it is not mandatory.

Life in UK Test results

Any others docs sent other than the top are at your own will & wish but are not mandatory.

sonia123

Post by sonia123 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:39 pm

s_raj11 wrote:

Sonia.
Hello,

Life in UK Test results

hi raj,

As my sister was studend for 8 years so in that case she will has to send her college certificates or its not important?

thank you

sonia.

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Qualifications are not relevant to 10 years long residency application. 10 years unbroken residency is the only aspect you will need to demonstrate. This is done with the passport and the visas on it.

As Raj explained the docs which need to be sent are;

All your current and previous passports,
Life in UK Test results
Police registration certificates, if you had any,

and a SET(O) application form are all your sister needs.

sonia123

Post by sonia123 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Ged wrote:Qualifications are not relevant to 10 years long residency application. 10 years unbroken residency is the only aspect you will need to demonstrate. This is done with the passport and the visas on it.

As Raj explained the docs which need to be sent are;

All your current and previous passports,
Life in UK Test results
Police registration certificates, if you had any,

and a SET(O) application form are all your sister needs.
hi Ged,

As we all know in teir 4 ukba issue card for visa and when u extend they keep ur old studend card and issue new card so in that case how can my sister show them her student visa which she send then back for extension?
thank you

Sonia.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:03 pm

Please download and read the following:

Set O form

Set O guidance

Long residence guidance at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

The applicant must meet the following requirements, in order to be granted indefinite leave:
 The applicant must have at least 10 years lawful residence in the UK.
 There must be no reason why granting leave is against the public good. For more information, see related link: Consideration of relevant points.
 The applicant must meet the knowledge of language and life requirement. For more information, see related link: Knowledge of language and life in the UK.
 The applicant must not have one or more unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. For more information, see related link: Criminality requirement for settlement.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Ged

Post by Ged » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:24 pm

If your sister goes through SET(O) form and the SET(O) guidance notes, It should be self-explanatory.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Also, it might be worth letting you know that 10yr ILR application is currently taking 6 months or thereabout. Your sister might be wise in making necessary arrangements as she will be without her passport for this period.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

sonia123

Post by sonia123 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:15 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Also, it might be worth letting you know that 10yr ILR application is currently taking 6 months or thereabout. Your sister might be wise in making necessary arrangements as she will be without her passport for this period.
hi ,

i couldn't get your point. can you explain please.

thank you

Sonia.