ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

guidance regarding spouse visa after student visa!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manbest
Newly Registered

guidance regarding spouse visa after student visa!

Post by manbest » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:20 pm

our wedding was planned in dec 2012 and then i had a plan to do my masters from Uk. But these rules just messed up all the plans..... and now we are stressed :(

Just want to ask im applying for student visa for jan 2013 intake. And im getting married to a uk citizen in dec 2012? We cannot apply for spouse visa due to the 18600 income requirement, as im from non-eu country.

so is it ok for me to get married in dec and move to uk on student visa for my masters and then before expiration of my student visa then apply for the spouse visa? can i do business on my spouse name when i will be there, or else ill also work for 20 hrs p.w so then both of the income would be taken into account by UKBA or just of my spouse i.e my sponsor?

what steps would be required to do so.

your kind advise would be great

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 am

- Dec 2012 marriage and VISA in 2013

This is fine as long as you provide details of why you did not apply earlier and having not met the financial requirements is a prefect reason to delay your application. You need to make sure that you keep records of all your communications to show as an evidence that your marriage is genuine and that you have been in close contact throughout the time either in the UK or outside.

I would suggest while you are here on your student VISA, gather as much evidence of living together as possible and use that in your application as well.

- Spouce VISA financial requirements

Since you will be applying from outside the UK, you will not be able to use your job to be coubted in. Only your Spouse can provide her job details to satisfy the financial requirements due tot he fact you are out of country and not currently working for the company.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

manbest
Newly Registered

Post by manbest » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:01 am

harv wrote:- Dec 2012 marriage and VISA in 2013

This is fine as long as you provide details of why you did not apply earlier and having not met the financial requirements is a prefect reason to delay your application. You need to make sure that you keep records of all your communications to show as an evidence that your marriage is genuine and that you have been in close contact throughout the time either in the UK or outside.
Yes this is true that we are not applying due to the financial problem. and yes we are engaged from last two years and marriage is 100% genuine and i have long records of the things, skype recordings, telephone recordings, emails, chats, cards and many more.
I would suggest while you are here on your student VISA, gather as much evidence of living together as possible and use that in your application as well.
Yes, we would be living together while im on my student visa as we will also register our marriage there in uk when we get there. so thats not a problem. One more thing can i also apply for Phd after doing master if spouse visa is rejected?
Since you will be applying from outside the UK, you will not be able to use your job to be coubted in. Only your Spouse can provide her job details to satisfy the financial requirements due tot he fact you are out of country and not currently working for the company.
but i would be applying for spouse visa from uk while im on my student visa so then i will be working for 20 hrs p.w that is allowed, so why that wont be counted as well?
and if we go for self-employment and starts a company in jan 2013 on my spouse name and apply for spouse visa in jan 2014 so bank statements of last calender 12 months is required OR last fiscal year that would be april 2013 to april 2014?

thankz for the reply harv

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 am

I am not an expert in immigration, so I do not know whether you can switch your student VISA into Spouse VISA from within the UK.

However if you are making an in country application, your job will be taken into account as you are working during the application process and that you will still have our job once you have the application cleared.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Shazia1104
BANNED

Post by Shazia1104 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Yes you can apply for your spouse visa after your get married without having to go back to your country, my friends have done that. It is possible!