ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can a referee sign my form AN - can it be early?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mg33
Newly Registered

When can a referee sign my form AN - can it be early?

Post by mg33 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi there,

I'm not eligible to apply for citizenship until 26 September 2012 (my ILR visa is dated 26 September 2011).

However, it would be immensely helpful if I could get one of my referees to sign my form before that date, because he is going away on the 23rd for 6 weeks.

Is it acceptable to have a referee date Section 5 (Referees and Identity) with a date that is earlier than the date that I become eligible for citizenship? Or, is this one of those things that the Home Office doesn't address specifically.

If it is allowed, can someone point me to some official documentation that says so? Just in case the NCS try and pull me up on it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:28 pm

mg33
Newly Registered

Post by mg33 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Jambo wrote:See similar question - How long before can I get my application signed and 6.3.7.2.
Thanks very much, it's good to see it in that document on the home office website.