ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA permit for non-EEA member ? Do I come under this ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soulfullness

EEA permit for non-EEA member ? Do I come under this ?

Post by soulfullness » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi All
If a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland is living in the UK in accordance with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, their family members who are not EEA or Swiss citizens also have the right to live here. You can find out what we mean by a 'family member' under 'More information' below
I am a British citizen since 2010 but my daughter who is studying out of UK but in a EEA country wanted to join the family after her education. She is totally dependent on me (family).
Can my daughter apply EEA permit as a non-EEA dependent member of an EEA family?

Since originaaly we are from asia. Now we are Brtish except my daughter . Do I fall under EEA family? Since my daughter is not yet British but still having asian country passport , does she come under non-EEA?

If so wether she is able to apply for a EEA permit?

Please reply asap.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:57 pm

No.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Generally no.

If you moved to a different EU member state, such as the Netherlands, then your minor daughter could move to join you. If you were working there, she could then come to the UK with you when you returned to the UK.

soulfullness

Post by soulfullness » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks Guru for the information. So it is not possible to apply under EEA , Is it possible my daughter to come under family visitor? being non-EEA?
Please advise on this .

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Yes, of course she can visit. Obviously she will need to qualify for a visit visa by showing her ties to homeland; anything that will motivate her return after the visit.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:07 am

EU free movement law comes into play when you, the EU citizen, moves from your home member state to a different host member state. (There are some exceptions)

In your case, since you have not moved to a different EU member state, then traditional British immigration law is your only option.