ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address without Home Office reference... HELP ME!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Joha1304
Newly Registered

Change of address without Home Office reference... HELP ME!!

Post by Joha1304 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Hello!

I've just got a notification from my landlord that we have to move out by Sept 17th so I need to change the address, but I haven't receipt the COA which have the "Home Office Reference" required on the UKBorder website in order to do that change. Has somebody done this before without that reference?
I was thinking to send them a letter with all the details about my husband and I but I'm not sure if that can help.

Can somebody help me with this please???!!! Im really worry about all this process,

Thanks a lot :shock:

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:41 am

That's rather quick of your landlord. Are you sure he can just do that? Seek advice if this is causing undue hardship.

In any event, if you need to change address, quote names, passport numbers, date of application and post office tracking number (if you have it).

Even better, did you keep a photocopy of the application letter (don't worry too much if you didn't)?

Joha1304
Newly Registered

Post by Joha1304 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:56 am

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I know it seems crazy but the "landlord"is not the owner of the apartment and he sub-let ilegally the flat to us (we didnt know about it) so now the owner ask us to leave the house ASAP :( I dont know where to find help on this so we will leave the flat.

What application letter do you mean? The EEA2 form itself?

Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:53 am

Joha1304 wrote:
What application letter do you mean? The EEA2 form itself?

Thanks
Whatever you used to apply for the EEA2. Good luck.

deshu
Newly Registered

Post by deshu » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:39 am

hi there,
i was in a similar situation. you can give them a call. even if you havent recieved a COA; they will give you a reference number which you can use on the ukba website to change your address.

Joha1304
Newly Registered

Post by Joha1304 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:05 pm

deshu wrote:hi there,
i was in a similar situation. you can give them a call. even if you havent recieved a COA; they will give you a reference number which you can use on the ukba website to change your address.
Thank you!! I will try to call them back, I called them and they said that I should send them a letter but Im worried about the preocessing time of the letter... :(

deshu
Newly Registered

Post by deshu » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:15 pm

hi,
call them again and ask about the change of adress. to me, they said that i can do it online. to which i asked about the refrence number and she gave me. then i went on the site and there is a section where you can change the adress using the refrence number.
did you send the letter? what did you write in it?

Joha1304
Newly Registered

Post by Joha1304 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:39 pm

deshu wrote:hi,
call them again and ask about the change of adress. to me, they said that i can do it online. to which i asked about the refrence number and she gave me. then i went on the site and there is a section where you can change the adress using the refrence number.
Hello there, I havent sent the letter because I want to wait until I sign the contract with the new landlord, after what happened to us we dont trust to anybody so we prefer to send the letter once we have moved. I have the letter already done and I include old address, new address, sending and receiving dates of applications, tracking numbers, passports details, EEA Family permit details, mobile numbers and a copy of the passports, visa and tracking number receipts. I will also include a prepaid envelope in case they want to send me an answer they can use it and I'll get the letter ASAP. Do you think is that enough?

Thank you!!

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:50 pm

You can also pay Royal Mail to re-direct your post. I know someone who has done it and it's pretty convenient.
Be good.

sc2012uk

Post by sc2012uk » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:54 pm

yes redirection should work (unless they use your return envelope addressed to yourself and it's sent via "next day special delivery")

fyi, for online address changes go here:
https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... y-details/
the reference number u type in there should be your case-id number.
if you dont know your case-id number you can call and ask ukba what it is.

anp
United Kingdom

Post by anp » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:37 pm

sc2012uk wrote:yes redirection should work (unless they use your return envelope addressed to yourself and it's sent via "next day special delivery")
It should be fine regardless of that. Royal Mail would re-direct it anyway, prepaid or not.
Be good.

sc2012uk

Post by sc2012uk » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:23 pm

you're right....i just checked...the next day special delivery will be redirected too (except that they dont garantuee that it will be delivered in 1 day if redirection is active)

Joha1304
Newly Registered

Post by Joha1304 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:01 pm

deshu wrote:hi,
You were right, I called them again and they gave me my reference number. I had already sent the letter so they will have my change in both ways! I include a paragraph asking for the COA let's see what happens.

Thanks everybody for your support!