ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP - University official letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uniprinciple

HELP - University official letter

Post by uniprinciple » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:58 am

Hi there
After my first application failed because of the official letter from my university did not state "degree was taught in English".

I am now getting a new official letter from the university which states:

"All the courses in the University of XXXX are taught in the language of English, except for foreign language courses".

Could you guys suggest whether this is acceptable? as it does not specify "Degree was taught in English", which might not meet the requirement.

Thanks

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:01 am

Hi,

My university letter is also worded in the similar fashion.

saying "It is certified that all courses run by this university in the English medium"

I am awaiting the decision on my HSMP application, will let you know, once I get the same.

NNJ10

olumighty
Newly Registered

Post by olumighty » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:25 am

I am in the same position here as well. My reference letter states that "English Language is basically the medium used in all Nigerian universities in Communicating and teaching"
Do you guys think this will scale through?

uniprinciple
What did your letter state as per the English reference? I hope my application is not rejected because of that.
My fingers are crossed

jenwaller

Finally

Post by jenwaller » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:44 am

Olu

Are u applying from Nigeria if you are I have some question with regards to tax clearance try mail me at jenwaller@btconnect.com