ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current timeline for receiving Biometric Letter ?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Molten Gold
Newly Registered

Current timeline for receiving Biometric Letter ?

Post by Molten Gold » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi

I applied for a tier 4 extension on the 10th of August and received the acknowledgement letter dated the 14th on the 17th of August.

Any idea when I would receive the Biometric Letter by ? Still haven't received it on the 6th of September.

Thanks.

TheSpread

Post by TheSpread » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:50 pm

Please be patient. They are working as fast as they can at the UKBA. I received my biometrics letter 3 weeks after my application. Timelines do vary so I wouldn't base it on that. Just relax and best of luck!

Molten Gold
Newly Registered

Post by Molten Gold » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:19 am

Thanks @TheSpread :)

It's just that my job is dependent on the employer checking service coming through. And that's only going to happen when they put my details in the system, which will automatically generate the biometric letter, letting me know that I can tell my prospective employer to run the check.

Hence the anxiety :P

Guess the standard timeline is 3-4 weeks. More than 4 weeks I can call UKBA and get this traced. Please let me know if I'm wrong about this.