ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium service help!!!!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pintu904
Newly Registered

Premium service help!!!!

Post by pintu904 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:56 am

Hi

I am planning to apply Tier 2 with the help of agent with Same Day Service.

Do I have to go with the agent to provide biometric details?

can depedant apply for Tier 2 in country or depedant nned to leave the country and need apply from home country?

Thanks for help.

Hrin
Newly Registered

Post by Hrin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:26 am

Regardless of whether you use agent or not, when you/your agent submits your tier 2 application to UKBA, you will receive an invitation letter around 1 week later from UKBA to attend a biometric appointment. You can visit any participating post office to get your biometric done - you just need to bring that invitation letter to the post office.

Dependent - sorry no idea... your agent should be abe to advise you

pintu904
Newly Registered

Post by pintu904 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks for the reply.

I am applying for same day service. Please advice how biometric would work in thia matter.

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:19 am

You will need to attend the appointment to enrol your biometrics. Surprised your legal rep hasn't advised you this.

What do you mean by 'can dependent apply from within the UK?' do you currently have leave as a dependent?

pintu904
Newly Registered

Post by pintu904 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:04 pm

Greenie wrote:You will need to attend the appointment to enrol your biometrics. Surprised your legal rep hasn't advised you this.

What do you mean by 'can dependent apply from within the UK?' do you currently have leave as a dependent? - yes I have leave as a Tier 1 Dependent.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:11 pm

No you can't apply from within the UK. You need to apply for entry clearance from outside the UK. Your employer also needs to issue you a restricted COS.