ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling in Set O Form - Section 10

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maqsood ahmad
Newly Registered

Filling in Set O Form - Section 10

Post by Maqsood ahmad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:57 am

I am applying for ILR in person on 20th Sep alongwith my wife and 1 year old son who was born in UK. I am a bit confused while answering Question 13 and onwards of Section 10 - Page 38. Form can be accessed here. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf
I am the main applicant and never had finger prints taken nor the BRP. My previous leaves (HSMP 2 yrs and Tier 1 extension 3 years), both were vignette/sticker type visas on my passport. My wife did give finger prints but not had BRP. She too has got a vignette/sticker type visa on her passport. While My son has got a BRP and gave biometric facial image only. I think I will answer No to Q1 so Go to Q7. No to Q7 and go to Q11. No to Q11 and go to Q13. Is this what I am supposed to do and If you were filling in this Set O form what would you answer for Questions 13, 14, 15 and 16. Thanks in Advance. Maqsood

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:26 am

Surely you know the answers to questions 13-16?

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:08 pm

Did you not give your finger prints to embassy, when you got your HSMP - EC approved?

Maqsood ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Maqsood ahmad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:03 pm

I usually dont bother with forum websites such as this and must say members like Greenie make me think why did I? @ jimmymcad No I didn't as it was not a requirement when applied within UK 3 years ago. I probably have answered these questions correctly but just to make sure want to see how anybody else in my scenario will answer them because confusion is do they just want to know the details of accompanying adult for under 16 but they are not asking details of under 16.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi Maqsood,

I think you may be confusing it with biometric card and only finger prints taken. There are 2 questions here, for biometric card, you can say No straight away, then it asked you about your finger prints.

When, I got my HSMP letter approval back then, to apply for EC, British embassy took my finger prints, which I did back home before coming to UK. Even though I have this vignette type visa pasted on my passport. In my case I answered No to Biometric and Yes to Q7, and filled Q8, 9, 10 and 11.

If they simply did not take your finger prints. then write No, and yes you do not need to answer further then.

Hope it clarifies.

Maqsood ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by Maqsood ahmad » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Thanks Jim, I will answer No to Q1 so Go to Q7. No to Q7 and go to Q11. No to Q11 and go to Q13. But my main question was; in my scenario what would you answer for Questions 13, 14, 15 and 16. Thanks in Advance. Maqsood

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:54 am

You need to answer them as you are including your child in your application right?

If the applicant or any dependant included included on this application is under the age of 16 please
complete questions 13, 14, 15 and 16. If not please go to question 17.

13, less than 16 years old.
14.1. your name
14.2 dob of child
14.3 place of birth
14.4 relationship to child
15. Yes
16. infant

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:07 am

Hi jimmymcad,

Form SET O Section 10 (Biometric Resident Permit)

I am currently on tier 1 General and planningto apply sone times in November. I was not issued Biometric Residence Permit but fingerprint was taken at the time on initial enty clearence application. What would be the answer of question 11 Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was/were made abroad. My application was from Bangladesh.
Regards

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Arif,

You need to write, "British Embassy, <City> , Bangladesh" there.