ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mancala Hour

Applying for COS

Post by Mancala Hour » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:29 am

My company is currently bogged down in waiting for our sponsorship license to come through (applied 16 May). I need an unrestricted COS. Does it automatically come with the sponsorship license, or will we need to apply for the COS and wait again before I can apply for my visa (and if so, how long does that take)?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for COS

Post by makky86 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:35 am

Mancala Hour wrote:My company is currently bogged down in waiting for our sponsorship license to come through (applied 16 May). I need an unrestricted COS. Does it automatically come with the sponsorship license, or will we need to apply for the COS and wait again before I can apply for my visa (and if so, how long does that take)?

Hi ,

When you apply fir Tier 2 License you specify how many Unrestricted Licences you need. So once you get your License you will already have those number of available Unrestricted COS.

Lets say you asked for 10 so you'll have 10 available once you are granted with Tier 2 License.

Its' just the Restricted ones where company needs to apply for when they need.

I hope that helps :)

**currently its a nightmare / trick of UK Home office of discouraging employers to apply for Tier 2 license by making them wait for over 4 months**

Its all crap.

Is your company applying first time or they have already Tier 2 in another category and they are adding extra ?

Mancala Hour

Post by Mancala Hour » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:38 am

Thank you for your reply. No, they're applying for the first time. If it's going to take over four months, they should say it's going to take at least four months instead of posting shorter time periods on their website. It's really dishonest. :(

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:48 am

Mancala Hour wrote:Thank you for your reply. No, they're applying for the first time. If it's going to take over four months, they should say it's going to take at least four months instead of posting shorter time periods on their website. It's really dishonest. :(
You're right sir.

It took my company 6 months to get Tier 2 ICT. Now they have applied for Tier 2 General. It should take less than that. But again its nightmare.

Please let us know once your company get registered.

cheersssssss

Mancala Hour

Post by Mancala Hour » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:58 am

muhdkhokhar wrote:
Mancala Hour wrote:Thank you for your reply. No, they're applying for the first time. If it's going to take over four months, they should say it's going to take at least four months instead of posting shorter time periods on their website. It's really dishonest. :(
You're right sir.

It took my company 6 months to get Tier 2 ICT. Now they have applied for Tier 2 General. It should take less than that. But again its nightmare.

cheersssssss
Six months?! I really hope that our license doesn't take six months to come through. :( When did your company apply for Tier 2 ICT that it took six months?

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:26 pm

Mancala Hour wrote:
muhdkhokhar wrote:
You're right sir.

cheersssssss
Six months?! I really hope that our license doesn't take six months to come through. :( When did your company apply for Tier 2 ICT that it took six months?

I remember they applied in November 2011 (may be in end ) then we received in June 2012. (They visited our company and did lots of check)

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:22 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:

I remember they applied in November 2011 (may be in end ) then we received in June 2012. (They visited our company and did lots of check)
mind me asking what kind of checks they made? i hear that they very rarely send for checks?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi MuhdKhokhar,

Like you mention in your post that your company applied in november and they received in june 2012 and u also mention abt the check they did ? do you have any information about the check they have made? As my sponsor will be applying for Sponsorship license very shortly and also its a new employer and company is less than 18 months old and its very small company too so that mean there is very small chances that they will grant sponsorship license to my employer?

please advice your response will be highly appriciated.

regards

Rehan