ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is a magistrate liability order a civil judgement?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yash224
Newly Registered

is a magistrate liability order a civil judgement?

Post by yash224 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi, would a 'magistrate liability order' for the council to enforce council tax payments on 'person A' be a 'civil judgement' against 'person A'. This is in relation to the Home Office indefinite leave to remain application form that require to declare any civil judgement made against the applicant.

All council tax debt has been cleared.

Thank you for your kind advice.
yash

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Have you checked with your Council whether this appears on any report (CCJ, CRB etc) apart from council's own log?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

yash224
Newly Registered

Post by yash224 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:30 pm

no I haven't. Will the council tell me this? According to other information gathered on this forum, a magistrate liability order is neither a CCJ or a criminal conviction.

What i want to know is whether this need to be declared as the 'civil judgement against the applicant' in the application for ILR.