ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DBI31
Newly Registered

Re: waiting and waiting and waiting!

Post by DBI31 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:36 pm

[/quote]

Thanks DB131,

But are you allowed to a file a fresh application when already your old application is in process. I am sure they will say , withdraw your old application and then file for a fresh application.

I am thinking to ask for return of my wife's passport , without withdrawing my wife's application. Will they allow me to do that ? Atleast by doing this, she could atleast register with employment agencies ? Do you have any idea about this ?[/quote]

I asked an immigration lawyer about the option of opening another application and they said I would have to withdraw my application so it is not possible once the previous visa has expired.

I called the return documents line (option 2 of UK BA telephone) and asked if I could ask for the return of my passport without withdrawing my application and the lady said that if my passport is returned the application would be withdrawn.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Once an application is submitted it cannot be turned into a premium service. which mean you will have to withdraw your old application and file a new one from scratch plus i have also heard that there arent any premium visa service appointments available in the near future.

And one cannot file 2 applications concurrently. I am a victim of this as i was getting sponsored from kpmg for employment unfortunately i was not able to apply for work permit while my FLR(M) was pending decision.

kshah
Newly Registered

Re: passport

Post by kshah » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:14 pm

nholler wrote:Hi Kshah,

Just to let you know, my passport turned up today therefore yours should turn up shortly.

The letter just states that a copy has been retained with the application and I won't need to return it unless a caseworker requires it.
Congratulation nholler,

I hope I'll also get my passport soon.

kshah
Newly Registered

Post by kshah » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:21 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:Once an application is submitted it cannot be turned into a premium service. which mean you will have to withdraw your old application and file a new one from scratch plus i have also heard that there arent any premium visa service appointments available in the near future.

And one cannot file 2 applications concurrently. I am a victim of this as i was getting sponsored from kpmg for employment unfortunately i was not able to apply for work permit while my FLR(M) was pending decision.
It's seems we are stuck in a limbo. UKBA is playing with peoples lives. I know many other people have commented on taking this issue to the newspapers but has anyone actually done anything.. does anyone think raising this to Local MP would help ?

They just can't give dumb answers...i I will write a letter to Metro newspaper highlighting our plight.. hope I see other people also taking some action...

davidalowrie
Newly Registered

Post by davidalowrie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Does anyone know what your status would be while you were waiting for your passport, if you decide to withdraw your application? Especially in regard to working. Would you be able to work until the day your passport is returned or would you have to stop working the day you call up to withdraw?

Also how long (in days) would you have to leave once your passport is returned? a week? a month?

Any help appreciated.

badger111

Post by badger111 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:Once an application is submitted it cannot be turned into a premium service. which mean you will have to withdraw your old application and file a new one from scratch plus i have also heard that there arent any premium visa service appointments available in the near future.
I thought the same, but my friend's partner came here from Taiwan, and he got his appointment in 3 weeks in Liverpool!

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:55 pm

kshah wrote:

It's seems we are stuck in a limbo. UKBA is playing with peoples lives. I know many other people have commented on taking this issue to the newspapers but has anyone actually done anything.. does anyone think raising this to Local MP would help ?

They just can't give dumb answers...i I will write a letter to Metro newspaper highlighting our plight.. hope I see other people also taking some action...
My MP's secretary was useless. She just said, "It's a well-known fact that these applications can take over a year." Hmm, great, they don't advertise that on the UKBA website!

bustednotch

Post by bustednotch » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Hello folks,
Here my latest updates:

Date applied/docs sent: 5 JULY 2012
Date received ack. letter: 11 JULY 2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 7 SEPT 2012
Date biometrics appointment: 8 SEPT 2012
Date passport/docs received from HO: Waiting
Biometrics card received: Waiting
Visa Type :FLR(M) Unmarried Partner
Visa From: PSW
Nationality: Canadian

I went in yesterday to submit my biometrics and both machines in my city were down due to some sort of system upgrade, apparently. They were working today. Fingers crossed for this upgrade to speed up the process!

Also, interestingly I got 2 separate biometric invitation documents in the post, one dated the 4th Sept, one dated the 5th Sept. The documents were identical though one was addressed to a Mr. and one to a Miss. Weird!

Flrm agony
Newly Registered

seek help from The Labour Party

Post by Flrm agony » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:44 pm

I just had a thought about contacting the labour party and notifying them with the major delays. I think that Miliband will be delighted to bring it up when he can.

What does everyone think ?

bobobo

Re: seek help from The Labour Party

Post by bobobo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:05 am

I am not sure that labour would want to bring the topic of Immigration up in the parliament, even though this is not "Uncontrolled Immigation". He is smart enough not to shoot himself in the foot. COntact Keith Vaz instead I would say.
Flrm agony wrote:I just had a thought about contacting the labour party and notifying them with the major delays. I think that Miliband will be delighted to bring it up when he can.

What does everyone think ?

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:30 am

Can anybody recall the last forum member to receive their BRP? Seems to me that it has been somewhere between 60 and 90 days. With so many members reaching and passing their 6 month mark, I am now getting concerned that even the six month mark is a bogus promise from UKBA.

badger111

Post by badger111 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:00 pm

backagain wrote:Can anybody recall the last forum member to receive their BRP? Seems to me that it has been somewhere between 60 and 90 days. With so many members reaching and passing their 6 month mark, I am now getting concerned that even the six month mark is a bogus promise from UKBA.
You are right. It has been a while. I was happy because just before Olympics people started reporting getting their documents back, and suddenly it all stopped, and nothing happened since.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:27 pm

badger111 wrote:
backagain wrote:Can anybody recall the last forum member to receive their BRP? Seems to me that it has been somewhere between 60 and 90 days. With so many members reaching and passing their 6 month mark, I am now getting concerned that even the six month mark is a bogus promise from UKBA.
You are right. It has been a while. I was happy because just before Olympics people started reporting getting their documents back, and suddenly it all stopped, and nothing happened since.
I noticed that too! right around when the Olympics were about to start the process had pick up a bit but now its worse than ever.

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:32 pm

mrsclc78 wrote:
kshah wrote:

My MP's secretary was useless. She just said, "It's a well-known fact that these applications can take over a year." Hmm, great, they don't advertise that on the UKBA website!
when did you contact your MP? did you wait 6 months ?

tired_of_waiting
Newly Registered

Ahh

Post by tired_of_waiting » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:22 am

It gng to b 7 months next week since i applied.. Application sent second week of Feburary... Contacted MP last month n was useless.. Got back to me sayin dat UKBA replied sayin "its still under consideration" ??? After 6 months ??? N nw its gng to b 7 months... bin in UK for almost a year nw n its pissin me n my other half off.. cant do anything?? We wanted to go on a europe trip this summer fr our honey moon.. Almost feels lyk im a prisoner or sumat.. Whos bin house arrest.. Our application was straight forward.. I even included a full time job offer letter fr myself aswell.. Gave them all docs even xtras what they require but our luck dat dey cant reach on a decision even after 7 months.. Gnna ring erm this week n find out whats happin... But i guess i will b told dat its showing on our useless system dat its "still under consideration" n i will b notified when a decision will be made.. What abt 6 months tym frame?? IDIOTS

I think ppl who recived their bio-metrics letter on 16 march still nt had their reply?? Correct me if im wrong

indespair

Re: Ahh

Post by indespair » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 am

I applied in the second week of Feb as well, biometrics- mid March and still waiting. The phone calls to UKBA didn't get me anywhere. All I found out was my "application has not been completed yet". I'd already known it anyway. Why not to sack the call centre people (as they are of no help at all) and get more officers to speed up the decision-making process. This wait is driving me up the wall.....

DBI31
Newly Registered

Post by DBI31 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:46 am

[quote="Still.Waiting"][quote="mrsclc78"][quote="kshah"][quote="Still.Waiting"]Once an application is submitted it cannot be turned into a premium service. which mean you will have to withdraw your old application and file a new one from scratch plus i have also heard that there arent any premium visa service appointments available in the near future.

And one cannot file 2 applications concurrently. I am a victim of this as i was getting sponsored from kpmg for employment unfortunately i was not able to apply for work permit while my FLR(M) was pending decision.[/quote]

They just can't give dumb answers...i I will write a letter to Metro newspaper highlighting our plight.. hope I see other people also taking some action...[/quote]

My MP's secretary was useless. She just said, "It's a well-known fact that these applications can take over a year." Hmm, great, they don't advertise that on the UKBA website![/quote]

when did you contact your MP? did you wait 6 months ?[/quote]

Maybe we should raise the fact that other countries (I know for a fact Germany and Netherlands) let the applicants get their passport back and keep doing their lives, I don't understand why they need the passports after they checked it. I refer to applications as spouse of an EEA country who is settled in the UK. My friend went to her honeymoon while her application was still under consideration.

Does anyone know how to start a petition of law or something like that?

essexb
Newly Registered

Post by essexb » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 pm

kshah wrote:

I am thinking to ask for return of my wife's passport , without withdrawing my wife's application. Will they allow me to do that ? Atleast by doing this, she could atleast register with employment agencies ? Do you have any idea about this ?
Yes this is possible, we did it, although the UKBA do not make it clear that you can do this. My wife had a job offer and needed her passport and visa back, so we called them up and they said they could return the documents without withdrawing the application. Turns out that they this sped up the whole process and instead of just returning the documents, they returned them all and issued her visa! It's definitely worth a try, just make sure that the person you speak to the on the phone is clear you just want the non sponsor's passport/visa back for a job interview or whatever and that you do not wish to withdraw the application. Might be worth taking their name too incase something goes wrong.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:15 pm

essexb wrote: It's definitely worth a try, just make sure that the person you speak to the on the phone is clear you just want the non sponsor's passport/visa back for a job interview or whatever and that you do not wish to withdraw the application. Might be worth taking their name too incase something goes wrong.
Surely you couldn't try try this if you're changing to FLR(M) from a fiance visa, which doesn't allow you to work (and therefore go to interviews) anyway? And since they haven't issued the FLR(M) yet, wouldn't they be against people even attending interviews since they currently have no right to work??

Which visa types are you both changing from?

mrsclc78

Post by mrsclc78 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:13 pm

kid13 wrote:
essexb wrote: It's definitely worth a try, just make sure that the person you speak to the on the phone is clear you just want the non sponsor's passport/visa back for a job interview or whatever and that you do not wish to withdraw the application. Might be worth taking their name too incase something goes wrong.
Surely you couldn't try try this if you're changing to FLR(M) from a fiance visa, which doesn't allow you to work (and therefore go to interviews) anyway? And since they haven't issued the FLR(M) yet, wouldn't they be against people even attending interviews since they currently have no right to work??

Which visa types are you both changing from?
I'm going to try this soon I think. I currently have the right to work as I have been on a PSW for 2 years, which expires in October so I do have the right to continue working here. As I understand it, I'll continue to have that right as it is through no fault of my own that my FLR(M) hasn't been processed yet, so until that time, my current rights continue.

As long as you're legally able to work now, I don't see why this shouldn't be allowed. It's worth a shot, as essexb says.

c2a
Newly Registered

Still Waiting

Post by c2a » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi Folks,

My timeline so far:

Date applied/docs sent: 02/07/2012
Date received ack. letter: 07/07/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 08/09/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 10/09/2012
Visa Type :FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Tier 4

Merianz
Newly Registered

Tired of all

Post by Merianz » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:14 pm

On Thursday will be the start of the 8th month waiting ,is it only me who feels like am trapped in this ocean or we are many more who are swimming with me and not knowing the destination.
Just asking is my visa now in the new rule or old rule? Do anyone has any idea
My timeline :

Date applied/docs sent: 13/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 15/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 16/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 26/03/2012
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Fiancee

waitwaitwait

Re: Tired of all

Post by waitwaitwait » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Merianz wrote:On Thursday will be the start of the 8th month waiting ,is it only me who feels like am trapped in this ocean or we are many more who are swimming with me and not knowing the destination.
Just asking is my visa now in the new rule or old rule? Do anyone has any idea
My timeline :

Date applied/docs sent: 13/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 15/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 16/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 26/03/2012
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Fiancee
Well first of all you are not alone as most of us here on this forum are in the same situation. I have already started my 8th month on saturday.
As far as your visa is concerned, you are part of old rules, infact anyone who applied for flr-m before 9july falls under old rules. Till the time visa is granted then it will be under old rules as date of application was before 9july.
Even if incase ukba refuses a visa, an applicant might grt right to appeal, if that appeal is won by applicant and visa is granted it will still be under old rules, even if this is granted after 6 months or a year.
Only incase ukba refuses a visa, if applicant doesnt get right of appeal or loses the appeal and needs to reapply that is the only unfortunate case where an applicant will fall under new rules.

So dont worry and lets all hope for the best.
I applied by post and dis everything oursleves but now as its been 7 months we have contacted a solicitor and she is going to deal with ukba as my legal rep and try to dind out what is the situation.
Hope to get this resolved once and for all.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4 

waiting person
Newly Registered

still waiting

Post by waiting person » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:26 am

Hi everyone,

It`s been already 1 year since I applied for visa for my husband.

My time line:

Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/09/11
Date Received Ack. Letter: 08/09/11
Date Biometrics booking letter: 30/09/2011
Date Biometrics Appointment: 06/10/2011
Additional Documents Required: 09/11/2011
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:14.09.
Result & VISA stamped: invalid aplication, going to apply again
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: Student
Last edited by waiting person on Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBI31
Newly Registered

Re: still waiting

Post by DBI31 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:50 am

[quote="waiting person"]Hi everyone,

It`s been already 1 year since I applied for visa for my husband.
I am EEA national settled in the UK.

My time line:

Date Applied/Docs sent: 05/09/11
Date Received Ack. Letter: 08/09/11
Date Biometrics booking letter: 30/09/2011
Date Biometrics Appointment: 06/10/2011
Additional Documents Required: 09/11/2011
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:Waiting
Result & VISA stamped: Waiting
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: Student[/quote]

Hi waiting person,

I think you should have applied for an EEA residence card and not FLR(M). Form EEA2: proving your right to live in the UK if you are a non-European family member of an European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national.