ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faithfulheart
Newly Registered

Residence card

Post by faithfulheart » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi everyone.am a non eu national and am married to a UK citizen(by birth. i hold a spouse visa from UK.me and my spouse are thinking to go for ireland and i need to know if am qualified for a residance card in ireland based on my Uk spouse visa?i heard that we need to stay in ireland for 6 months in order to get the residence card but i currently work overseas and i dont want to leave my job to stay in ireland for six months to get the residency card so i need to know if i can apply for it while am outside ireland.
is there any other countries in eu other than ireland where i can apply for a residence card based on my UK spouse visa while i continue working overseas?
any help will be appreciated

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi,

I don't know why would u try to get another EU country residence card once you have one for UK ? anyway here are the info:

Your brit spouse must be residing in Ireland and exercising her treaty right here . exercising her treaty rights means that she must be involved in any social activity like, work, study, or she must be financialy sound to support herself and you.

Once she could prove that, than you have to go to the irish embassy to get an entry clearence, if every thing go smooth you would get a visa for 3 months or six months. Once you arrive into ireland than you have to go to local garda immigration office to register yourself and apply for 5 years residence card on form EU1. which you could find more details here: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Hope i answered your question.

faithfulheart
Newly Registered

Post by faithfulheart » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:58 pm

Thanks zafarzafar80 for the info.can you please advice how long it will take to get the residnce card from the day we submit the application?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:35 pm

it always takes 6 months

faithfulheart
Newly Registered

Post by faithfulheart » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Do i have the right to work during this six months?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:47 pm

if you show evidence of residence and evidence of your wife's exercise of EU Treaty rights in ireland, then yes.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Yes you would have right for full time employment

faithfulheart
Newly Registered

Post by faithfulheart » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks for the help.during these six months do i have to be resided in ireland?i mean after i submit my application can go back overseas to catch my job there?

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:22 pm

technically speaking Yes and No. The immigration authorities can visit you ate home / work to verify that you are a genuine couple and living together, If they don't find you how would you explain that ? Also if you tell them that you would like to keep the job over seas they will ask than why you want to get an irish residence card ? you also have a UK spouse visa & not living in the UK ?

Can i ask you some thing, you are hiding some thing which i can't figure out ? you have UK spouse visa. you work in another country and you want to get an irish residence card, also you don't want to live in ireland nor in the UK. some thing is fishy man....

If you ask the straight forward and honest question, you would get an honest answer but don't try to twist questions

faithfulheart
Newly Registered

Post by faithfulheart » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:53 pm

i cant work in UK till i get registration with the medical counsil there.i can be registerd directly if i claim eu treaty rights in uk after me and my wife get residency in ireland or any other country in the EU.i need to get residency card in any EU country and in the same time i dont want to leave my overseas job as its my only source of income at the moment.what do you advice me to do?

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:55 am

Are you a doctor ?

faithfulheart
Newly Registered

Post by faithfulheart » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks zaferzafer80 for your reply.yes am a doctor.what do you suggest me to do?

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi, i am not a doctor but as far as i know you can't be registered with medical counsil by acquiring residency in Ireland. To get Irish medical counsil registration you have to pass the exams here, if you have completed your medicine degree from non EU country / non English speaking country or the country / college that Irish medical council need to take an exam,

I know many non EU doctors working in ireland and all of them passed their exams to get a job here and some of them have spent more than two years passing the exams :(

You need to contact Irish medical counsil for further information. here is a link i hope this will help you: http://www.medicalcouncil.ie/Registration/

Can i ask what country are you from ? and from what country you have completed your medicine degree ?

faithfulheart
Newly Registered

Post by faithfulheart » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:47 pm

i already contacted the irish medical counsil and they said they can exempt me from ielts if i granted Eu rights in ireland.actually i want to do registratin in UK through residing in ireland.the GMC there can exempt me from all exams if have the EC rights as stated in their website.the main point here is that i dont want to loose my overseas job while seeking residency in ireland.is there any way i can do that?

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:30 pm

Mate, don't confuse urself too much. Its a simple process, but u have to reside for atleast 6 months in Ireland until your EU1 (residence card) is approved. It would be for five years and than you could leave the country if you wish to. Please note during this 6 months ur wife must have a job or college or self sufficient.