ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card After Divorce

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zafarzafar80

Permanent Residence Card After Divorce

Post by zafarzafar80 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:37 am

Hi All,

I have a question of which i couldn't find a satisfactory answer so far & i wonder if some one could give me an answer of it.

If you apply for Permanent Residence Card in the event of being divorce what stamp would you get ? Is that Stamp 4 OR Stamp 4 EUFam ?

Some one shared their experience on the forum that it would be Stamp 4EUFam. But i am confused that why would be 4EUFam issued if you are divorced ? In my opinion 4EUFam is for family members & once you are divorced you are not a family member any more ? In my head it should be stamp 4 only....Am i right ? If not could you please justify your answer ?

Thanks in advance,
Zafar

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:12 pm

if you are divorced and granted retention, thus you retain the rights under EUTR, thus you retain the same stamp... maybe that's the way theya re looking at it...
However, I would agree, that Stamp 4 would be more suitable... but with stamp 4 you would have to get re-entry visa to ireland. maybe that's why they are still issuing stamp 4EUFAM , so that you can travel without re entry visa to ireland :?:

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks agniukas for the prompt reply.

Another question for every one. Would the Garda Card fee applied if issued 4EUFam ? although i am not a family member any more. The fee is waived for people who are family members. But DOJ issues again 4EUFam in the event of divorce, so what about the fee ?