ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR | LIUK Registration | No Last Name | how to book

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

puneetsingh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR | LIUK Registration | No Last Name | how to book

Post by puneetsingh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Hello!

I am seeking clarification/advice/help with regards to following query, which I am aware is an unusual one.

I use my first name only for official purposes, without any middle name / last name. My passport (Indian) and UK Visa (Tier 2, Tier 1) also represents me from my First Name only and there is no mention of my last name on those documents.

I've faced no issues due to it with UKBA so far, as I've successfully achieved tier 2, tier 1 and tier 1 extension. I've recently completed 5 years in UK and am eligible to apply for ILR.

Now, while registering for the LIUK test, I am facing a problem as on the LIUK registration form, 'Last Name' is a mandatory field and I am unable to book the test using my first name only.

I've reached out to LIUK helpline and UKBA support regarding it, but, none of the representative has been able to provide a firm and full-proof response. and can not be entered as last name as well, just so you know.

Has anyone come across this situation and have experience in how to proceed further?

Many Thanks!

t-bag

Re :

Post by t-bag » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:44 pm

Why don't you just put dash "-" there??

They can cross check with your DOB, previous UKBA applications, Driving License, passport etc... if they ask.

tpsanju
Newly Registered

Re: ILR | LIUK Registration | No Last Name | how to book

Post by tpsanju » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:34 pm

puneetsingh wrote:Hello!

I am seeking clarification/advice/help with regards to following query, which I am aware is an unusual one.

I use my first name only for official purposes, without any middle name / last name. My passport (Indian) and UK Visa (Tier 2, Tier 1) also represents me from my First Name only and there is no mention of my last name on those documents.

I've faced no issues due to it with UKBA so far, as I've successfully achieved tier 2, tier 1 and tier 1 extension. I've recently completed 5 years in UK and am eligible to apply for ILR.

Now, while registering for the LIUK test, I am facing a problem as on the LIUK registration form, 'Last Name' is a mandatory field and I am unable to book the test using my first name only.

I've reached out to LIUK helpline and UKBA support regarding it, but, none of the representative has been able to provide a firm and full-proof response. and can not be entered as last name as well, just so you know.

Has anyone come across this situation and have experience in how to proceed further?

Many Thanks!
I faced the similar situation for my wife. I used her first name as last name for life in UK test & no question asked. Moreover I committed a mistake while booking the test for me & provided citizenship as "UK & Northern ireland National", they were surprised but added a note to my result to inform ukba for the mistake.

puneetsingh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by puneetsingh » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:06 am

- I cannot leave it as <->, <space> and dot (.) as its not expected by the form. I did put my last name as 'Not Applicable' on the advice of a UKBA rep (he wasn't 100% sure) and was not allowed to take test by the test center supervisor on the grounds of mismatch between documents and test registration name.

- Yup, its been suggested to me that I provide first name as last name too and hopefully it will go through. As I have already faced problem with taking the test once, I just want to be 100% sure before appearing this time. I guess it's down to the test center supervisor as well, how understanding she/he is and can show some logical flexibility.

thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

sham111

Post by sham111 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:15 pm

I was in the same situation and successfully pass the test...
All you have to do is book it using your first and last name as appears on the bank statement..I,e if example on the passport surname is blank and given name is abc xyz...then on the bank statement xyz is surname and abc is your first name then you book the same way for your test..i had no issues atall at the test centre...

Hope this would be helpful...

cheers

puneetsingh
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by puneetsingh » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:51 am

thanks for the reply Sham.

This way, your LIUK certificate would have been published against the name as appears on your bank account but not as per the Passport. Wasn't it of concern to the UKBA while your case for ILR was submitted?