ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Help - PSW provisions within Tier 2?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vijay87
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General Help - PSW provisions within Tier 2?

Post by vijay87 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:39 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 1 Post Study Work and am planning to apply for Tier 2 General. In the online application, it asks whether I am applying under the Post Study Work provisions within Tier 2.

If I select yes, it then asks to show evidence of working (payslips or bank statements) for the full period specified by the sponsor. But I have nowhere specified the period of working. If I select no, it doesn't ask for proof of working. I am confused whether to select yes or no.

Can anyone please shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:32 am

That question is no longer relevant as the requirement to be have been in employment for six months by the sponsor (when switching from PSW) was removed some time ago. If the on-line form is still asking for that information then it is an error.

vijay87
Newly Registered

Post by vijay87 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 am

Lucapooka wrote:That question is no longer relevant as the requirement to be have been in employment for six months by the sponsor (when switching from PSW) was removed some time ago. If the on-line form is still asking for that information then it is an error.
It says the question is mandatory and must provide one of the documents. If I don't provide any of those documents, will it result in a refusal of my application? Or the only option for now is to apply on paper form.

lympadora
Newly Registered

Post by lympadora » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:37 pm

As the previous person said, it is probably an error in the online form.

You do not need to provide evidence for payslip. It is no longer a valid requirment to apply for tier2 visa from PSW.

All you need for extra documents to apply regardless of online or in paper fornat, you need are:

1) Certificate of sponsorship
2) bank statements showing you hold 900 pounds for 90 consecutive days
3) passport
4) 2x passport size photos.

Payslips are no longer mandatory as certificate of sponsorship hold details of your salary, start date, end date of your employment.

Hope that helps.

vijay87
Newly Registered

Post by vijay87 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Thanks very much. And as far as I know, PSW applicants are exempted from maintenance as well.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:25 pm

vijay87 wrote:Thanks very much. And as far as I know, PSW applicants are exempted from maintenance as well.
Nope, this is not the case anymore. It used to be, but now they have changed the rules, where you HAVE to show the maintenance fund, or get your sponsor to say that they will take care of it on the COS. and this is for PSW to Tier 2.