ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 dependent holder in India how extend visa from there

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eswar
Newly Registered

Tier1 dependent holder in India how extend visa from there

Post by eswar » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi,
Already got Tier 1 dependent visa on Apr 2011 and entered UK by that time.
Tier 1 dependent visa ends on OCT 2012. Due to personal reasons, dependent traveled to India recently and cannot reach UK before visa expires.
Same time Main applicant got the Extension already.
In this case How can dependent extend Tier 1 visa status from India.
Expertise please provide your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Eswar

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:05 am

In simplified words, you can extend your permission to stay in UK only if you are in UK and you already have a permission to stay in UK. If you leave the country, you would need permission to enter, if you do not have a previously issued valid permission to enter to cover the planned return date.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:28 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:In simplified words, you can extend your permission to stay in UK only if you are in UK and you already have a permission to stay in UK. If you leave the country, you would need permission to enter, if you do not have a previously issued valid permission to enter to cover the planned return date.
wpilr,

I have been observing your posts and must say you dont look like you are here to help but you seem to be showing off your knowledge most of the time.

Moderators please take a note of the same.

Eswar,

The simple answer to your issue is that one can extend his tier 1 dependant visa from India. Dependant will have to look for the relevant form on UKBA and then apply at VFS in India.

Thanks!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:31 pm

UKsettlement, wpilr's response was perfectly correct-it is not possible to 'extend' a visa from outside the UK, an applicant in this situation can only apply for fresh entry clearance.