ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC for two children born either side of parents ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak36

Post by ak36 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 am

Hi,

I have recently got my ILR and so as my wife who was my dependant. We have one UK born child who was born before our ILR while our second baby is due in the next two months. My understanding is that my first baby is entitled to British Citizenship under Section 3(1) so I need to apply on MN1 form to register her as British national. While my second baby wouldn't need to be registered as British national due to the fact that both parents now hold ILR so we can straightaway apply for British passport for our coming baby.

Could someone please tell me if I am correct in what I have described above or there is something else I need to do for my two children whose date of birth will be either side of our ILR.

Many thanks,

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:17 am

It's section 1(3) not 3(1) for the UK born child before ILR.

See Q1 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - Children.

ak36

Post by ak36 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:34 am

Thanks Jambo.

After going through those FAQs, I think I have no further questions concerning this topic.

Best wishes,
ak36