ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Question 6.1 and qualification period query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yuleyule
Newly Registered

ILR Question 6.1 and qualification period query

Post by yuleyule » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:49 pm

Dear All,

I’m planning to apply for the ILR in the Tier 1 (General) category using the SET (O) form in October 2012. I have a question regarding question 6.1

My background:
• After being a student, got my work permit in August 2007
• Got Tier 1 (general) visa in July 2009
• Extended Tier 1 (general) in May 2012

Question 6.1: When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

Do I answer this as July 2009 as that’s when I got the Tier 1 visa and I’m applying under the Tier 1 (general) category OR is it August 2007, the date I got my work permit? (which makes it a total of 5 years with WP + Tier 1)

Last but not least, please correct me if I'm missing something here: I can definitely apply under Tier 1 (general) category for ILR, right? As my qualification period is based on approximately 2 years of Workpermit PLUS approximately 3+ years of Tier 1?

Look forward for your valued advice. Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,
Vasu

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:07 pm

1. Its the WP related date in 2007.

2. Your assumption about your eligibility is correct.

Good luck.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

yuleyule
Newly Registered

Thanks a lot wpilr_nov12

Post by yuleyule » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi wpilr_nov12,

Thankyou very much for your prompt reply. Very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Vasu