ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application- not living in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FAlinda
Newly Registered

Visa application- not living in UK

Post by FAlinda » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:43 am

Dear all

before I start with my case I would like to apologize if my questions are repeated. I tried to find the answer to my questions myself but with no success.

Anyhow here is my case:
I am a British citizen living and working abroad for more than 7 years. I am married, for more than 5 years, and we got 2 children, both British Passport Holders. My wife is a Kosovo national. We are planning to apply for spouse visa and when successful on moving to Britain sometime this year.

Based on your experience, do you think that there is a way of fulfilling the immigration criteria without me having to go to UK and work for at least 6 months. If so could you explain a bit.

This is it for the moment.

Thanks

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:00 pm

There is a way - you need to be able to show 1) your current income from your current employer and 2) a confirmed job offer and contract paying over the minimum level required (£18,600) which would start within 3 months of your intended return date.

If those aren't possible - then yes - returning to the UK first is likely to be your option.

M.

FAlinda
Newly Registered

Post by FAlinda » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Thank MPH80. This is =great news.

My brother manages a company in London and can offer me a job of 20,000 GBP+OTE PA easy, but they can only sent me a job offer not a signed contract as that is their company policy. Is this a problem?

What about the accommodation.
Will reserving a hotel room for a week or so, 'till I find proper accommodation, be OK?

Thanks again
FA

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:53 pm

You are ok with a letter - but it must contain everything required by the rules:
4. In respect of a job offer in the UK (for an applicant's partner or parent's partner returning to salaried employment in the UK at paragraphs E-ECP.3.2.(a) and E-ECC.2.2.(a) of Appendix FM) a letter from the employer must be provided:

(a) confirming the job offer, the gross annual salary and the starting date of the employment which must be within 3 months of the applicant's partner's return to the UK;
In terms of accommodation - I've actually no idea - the new rules (as far as I've seen - and someone may correct me) don't actually have a specific accommodation requirement - but that may be in the general requirements area that i'm not aware of.

I'd suggest waiting for others on that.

M.

FAlinda
Newly Registered

Post by FAlinda » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:42 pm

Thank you very much MPH80. I appreciate it.
I'll wait for others comments on accommodation issue.

Thanks
FA

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:51 pm

E-ECP.3.4. The applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household, which the family own or occupy exclusively: accommodation will not be regarded as adequate if-

(a) it is, or will be, overcrowded; or

(b) it contravenes public health regulations.
(Appendix FM)

See also MAA13 and MAA14.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Are you currently earning at least the equivalent of £18600 per year where you are living?

FAlinda
Newly Registered

Post by FAlinda » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:34 am

Good morning MPH 80, Kitty, Greenie and the rest and thanks a lot for spending time to reply to my posts.

Greenie- I currently earn less than 18600GBP where I am working, I earn around 12000 Nett.

Kitty- does this mean that I can rent two rooms in a hotel for a short time until we get our flat/house or not. Don't really get it.

thanks

FAlinda
Newly Registered

Post by FAlinda » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:31 pm

I have still not applied as I want to make sure that I get things right, I don’t want really too loose GBP 1000plus.

I learned that I need to earn more than 18600GBP in my current job, which is outside UK, to qualify - Under the Income from Salaried Employment in UK. In my case I don’t earn as much, what means is that I don’t fulfill this requirement. So this is the end.

But, there is a possibility of applying with cash savings. As far as the savings are considered we(me and my wife) have this amonut of money:
cash in bank account:9000 euro (myself)
cash in bank account:3000 euro (wife)
saving fund: 15000 euro (myself)

My question is: can I use the money from saving fund to meet the cash savings requirement?

This money is with a financial institution and has been there for one year (statement can prove it), and can be available for use within 15 days of my request.

Any views on this one

Thank
FAlinda