ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any chance to get PR. Please give some advice. Many thanks

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kevek
Newly Registered

Any chance to get PR. Please give some advice. Many thanks

Post by kevek » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:02 pm

I came to UK in 2002 SEP.
I Got 8 yr student visa + 2 yr PSW

I just got my SAR (Subject Access Request) and it appears:
My 2004 student visa expired 31/10/2004, but my raised date was 01/11/2004. (1 day gap and it suppose to be OK with discretion).
My 2005 student visa expired 31/10/2005, but my raised date was 18/11/2005. (Here is the problem, I got a 18 days GAP!).

I remembered that I post my app on 31/10/2005, but don't know why Home office got it on 18th Nov. & I didn't keep any receipt of post office. Actually, there is a "received" stamp on the front page of my 2005 application form which is 21/Nov/2005, and the GCID raised date is 18/Nov/2005.

Can anyone tell me if i still got chance to get a PR.

ps. my total day of leaving UK is under 150 days.

Many thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 pm

No comment on your ILR eligibility but the gaps you refer to do not exist.

The date of an application is the date of postage but the start date of the leave is always the date when the application is considered, i.e. the decision date.

kevek
Newly Registered

Post by kevek » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:21 pm

manci wrote:No comment on your ILR eligibility but the gaps you refer to do not exist.

The date of an application is the date of postage but the start date of the leave is always the date when the application is considered, i.e. the decision date.
Thanks for your reply.
But I cannot prove my postage date was 31/Oct/2005 & I don't think they still keep my envelope.
So they may consider my GAP is 18 days.

ps. I checked my 2008 onwards application form. Home office scanned all postage stamp on the front page, which is the same date of raised date on the GCID page. In short, They may consider my GAP is 18 days.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:27 pm

kevek wrote:
manci wrote:No comment on your ILR eligibility but the gaps you refer to do not exist.

Thanks for your reply.
But I cannot prove my postage date was 31/Oct/2005 & I don't think they still keep my envelope.

ps. I checked my 2008 onwards application form. Home office scanned all postage stamp on the front page, which is the same date of raised date on the GCID page. In short, They may consider my GAP is 18 days.
This might be a problem for you. Do they have the photocopied application forms on your SAR and what is the date signed on it?

kevek
Newly Registered

Post by kevek » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:59 pm

quantum1 wrote:
kevek wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

This might be a problem for you. Do they have the photocopied application forms on your SAR and what is the date signed on it?
Yes. I got my 2005 photocopied application form. there is a "received" stamp on the front page of my 2005 application form which is 21/Nov/2005, and the GCID raised date is 18/Nov/2005.

So. I suppose they deem I posted on 18/Nov/2005 rather than 31/Oct/2005( which I remembered). If so, Do I still have any chance to get PR.
Thanks

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:14 pm

kevek wrote:
quantum1 wrote:
kevek wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. I got my 2005 photocopied application form. there is a "received" stamp on the front page of my 2005 application form which is 21/Nov/2005, and the GCID raised date is 18/Nov/2005.

So. I suppose they deem I posted on 18/Nov/2005 rather than 31/Oct/2005( which I remembered). If so, Do I still have any chance to get PR.
Thanks
Sorry, you misunderstood me. On an application form, you are required to sign and date a declaration. If they have a copy of the application they will also have this signed declaration. What date did you put on it?

kevek
Newly Registered

Post by kevek » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 pm

quantum1 wrote:
kevek wrote:
quantum1 wrote:
kevek wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

Thanks
Sorry, you misunderstood me. On an application form, you are required to sign and date a declaration. If they have a copy of the application they will also have this signed declaration. What date did you put on it?
Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding.
I completed and signed the form on 28/Oct/2005 (Friday) on that page and I remember I post it on 31/Oct/2005 (Monday, because I got my uni letter on the last day of my visa expire date). So I have no reason to delay the application.
The Home office officer signed on 21/Nov/2005. and SAR raised date was 18/Nov/2005.

I think Home office will deem that I post on 18/Nov/2005 (18 days GAP) and they received on 21/Nov/2005. BUT I have no evidence (like postage receipt) to prove I am right.

kevek
Newly Registered

Post by kevek » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:37 pm

anyone can help?