ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can any US person tell me about XRay?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

darikusa

Can any US person tell me about XRay?

Post by darikusa » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:40 pm

Hi,

I have a stupid question. I would be landing in UK and read on some posts here that a Chest XRay would be required. I'm not literate in types of XRay. Are there any specifics that I should tell to doctor regarding Chest XRay?

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:02 pm

darik,
I think we don't need to worry about X-Ray, they will take on airport itself. The only think is that we may need to wait for some time. Recently my friend went to London, and he told that no need to worry about X-ray.

tgs

Post by tgs » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:09 pm

when I arived two months ago, they told me at Heathrow that I need to go for a Medical before they will allow me to enter. Arrived at the medical station and the lady captured my details. Told me I can go and that the local authority will contact me. Went back to the immigration officer and he let me through. Nobody has contacted me since.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:10 pm

The Immigration Officer at the Port of Entry can direct any person arriving into the UK to undergo a medical exam with the Port Medical Officer(PMO) . The IO will routinely do such for those intending to reside in the UK for 6 months or more and are primarily from or are nationals of countries where specific concerns about TB in particular are manifest. It saves you considerable time if you carry your own x-rays for presentation to the PMO. Being examined can add two hours or more to clearing immigration and customs facilites. The requirement is for a postero-anterior (PA) chest x-ray which must be signed by the issuing/ testing medic. Note that the PMO/ IO do not have to accept the x-ray provided and can insist on one being conducted - failure to do such is a ground for refusal of entry into the UK. This decision is not appealable.

VAFamily
Newly Registered

X-Rays

Post by VAFamily » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:37 pm

FWIR, there is a list of which folks from which countries can expect to recieve an X-ray at immigration. Mostly, it's due to respiritory diseases such as typhus, etc.

As a US Citizen, this usually isn't done. I guess since the US is one of the 'first-world' countries, there is an assumption that a contagious person would not be flying.

I also suspect that in the post-9/11 world we are in the person wouldn't be allowed on the aircraft at a US facility - particularly someone with a wicked cough, fever, etc...

Shades of '12 Monkeys'!