ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unrestricted Cos

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manci
Respected Guru

Re: time line for cos, if sponsor has license for ICT

Post by manci » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:48 am

sha23 wrote:If my sponsor has ICT license already, how much time it takes for a new cos in unrestricted category? 2-3 months is still there? please let me know the same...my Cos came initially, but my sponsor wrongly typed my salary and now it seems they woould need to apply for fresh cos. please confirm this urgently please on the new cos timelines
Your post is unclear
are you changing sponsors?
does the new sponsor have a T2 ICT licence but not a T2G one?
does the new sponsor have a T2G licence but no available allocation for the current year?
what CoS have you been assigned that needs replacing because the data in it was wrong?
what is your current immigration status?

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:04 am

My COS has just been approved this morning. My employer applied on 11 June 2012 and its been issued on 1st of Aug only after a request for urgent treatment as my visa is about to expire.

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:31 pm

ech wrote:My COS has just been approved this morning. My employer applied on 11 June 2012 and its been issued on 1st of Aug only after a request for urgent treatment as my visa is about to expire.
congrats dude , hope mine will get sorted out soon.

can you please let us know what formalities u did in order to request home office for urgent treatment?

Latest update at 14:09 :

I just recieved confirmation of my COS as well, so finally the allocation for both of us is made on wednesday
Last edited by david1955 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sha23

Post by sha23 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:55 pm

manci wrote:
sha23 wrote: Your post is unclear

Not changing sponsor. existing sponsor who was about to issue cos for the first time to me from their grant on one that they got with the license, made a mistake in the entry of salary. so they have now applied for fresh one.
old sponsor, has a t2 ict license, but becasue of the mistake, allocation of one got exhausted.
does the new sponsor have a T2G licence but no available allocation for the current year?
answered above
what CoS have you been assigned that needs replacing because the data in it was wrong?
ict tier-2 unrestricted cos
currently in india, and will be a fresh person to apply
answered the questions in bold in ur post manci. look forward to ur advice

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:21 pm

sha23 wrote:
manci wrote:
sha23 wrote: Your post is unclear

Not changing sponsor. existing sponsor who was about to issue cos for the first time to me from their grant on one that they got with the license, made a mistake in the entry of salary. so they have now applied for fresh one.
old sponsor, has a t2 ict license, but becasue of the mistake, allocation of one got exhausted.
answered above
ict tier-2 unrestricted cos
currently in india, and will be a fresh person to apply
so the problem is that the sponsor has asked for but hasn't yet received a further CoS allocation. In this situation he and you will just have to wait. The sponsor could try requesting urgent treatment explaining the circumstances:
sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
btw- the terms restricted and unrestricted are onlly used for Tier 2 General CoSs, not ICT CoSs.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:38 am

david1955 wrote:
ech wrote: Latest update at 14:09 :

I just recieved confirmation of my COS as well, so finally the allocation for both of us is made on wednesday
Congratulations David! Happy for you! I can't wait for my result!

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:07 am

magelenn wrote:
david1955 wrote:
ech wrote: Latest update at 14:09 :

Congratulations David! Happy for you! I can't wait for my result!
Thanks. If you still havent got your COS, tell your employer to chase UKBA. I asked my employer to send an email to UKBA telling them that i will be making my application in the coming month and hence i got my COS allocated after 4 working days of sending email.

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:02 pm

David, i have 2 questions relating to my dependants on this online application that I'm completing that i'm not sure how I should respond to them.

1. Does this dependant intend to stay in the UK beyond your current period of leave ?
Should i choose Yes or No

2. What is the current immigration status of this dependant?
(my son was born in 2011 in UK hence he does not have a visa, so whats his stauts? ) Should i say Exempt from control OR None of the above?

Hope you can respond soon :)

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:08 pm

ech wrote:David, i have 2 questions relating to my dependants on this online application that I'm completing that i'm not sure how I should respond to them.

1. Does this dependant intend to stay in the UK beyond your current period of leave ?
Should i choose Yes or No

2. What is the current immigration status of this dependant?
(my son was born in 2011 in UK hence he does not have a visa, so whats his stauts? ) Should i say Exempt from control OR None of the above?

Hope you can respond soon :)
(1) No
(2) None of the above

once you have submitted the application. dont forget to fill this post.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=109821

As i am here to help and expect everyone who is getting help, to help others.

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Thanks David, will complete the post

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:22 am

ech wrote:Thanks David, will complete the post
Hi ech, have you submitted the application?

ech
Newly Registered

Post by ech » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:37 am

Yeap, completed the post tho dont know how to update the post in the future when i get response from ukba

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by david1955 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:40 am

ech wrote:Yeap, completed the post tho dont know how to update the post in the future when i get response from ukba
keep editing it.

sha23

question

Post by sha23 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:41 pm

dear ech and david,

one question to both of u, did ur unrestricted cos come thru since ur employer gave mail on urgent treatment? without the urgent treatment mail, how much time does unrestricted cos application take? since both ur timings of getting the same are different.
my employer has applied on 27th july...

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Re: question

Post by david1955 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:24 pm

sha23 wrote:dear ech and david,

one question to both of u, did ur unrestricted cos come thru since ur employer gave mail on urgent treatment? without the urgent treatment mail, how much time does unrestricted cos application take? since both ur timings of getting the same are different.
my employer didnt requested urgent treatment as i still have about 3 months on my visa expiry, my employer just emailed them that its been 3 months since our request and still waiting for cos , so we requested them to allocated the cos asap as i am looking to make my applicatoin in the coming month.

Note : you can request the urgent treatment only when you have 2 weeks left in your visa expiry

sha23

Re: question

Post by sha23 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:35 pm

david1955 wrote:
sha23 wrote:dear ech and david,

my employer didnt requested urgent treatment as i still have about 3 months on my visa expiry, my employer just emailed them that its been 3 months since our request and still waiting for cos , so we requested them to allocated the cos asap as i am looking to make my applicatoin in the coming month.

Note : you can request the urgent treatment only when you have 2 weeks left in your visa expiry
thanks david. Mine is a fresh case. My cos was issued on 9th july but my employer made an error for which they have applied a fresh one on 27th july.

so am waiting...on the helpline they say it can take upto 4 weeks minimum for the issue of new cos...hoping to have fresh allocation quickly for my employer so that i can have a cos fast.
regards

sha23

Please Put timelines for Unrestricted Cos

Post by sha23 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Dear All,
Apart from ech and david, if anybody else has also received unrestricted cos, from ukba in terms of extra allocation mid year, please put it up here with application date and receipt date. It shall be great help.

sha23

Post by sha23 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:56 pm

sincere request, if anyone is waiting for unrestricted cos from ukba, coupd u please post ur timelines please...date of application, expected or received dates apart from the couple of ppl here posted already...

sha23

request

Post by sha23 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:59 am

sha23 wrote:sincere request, if anyone is waiting for unrestricted cos from ukba, coupd u please post ur timelines please...date of application, expected or received dates apart from the couple of ppl here posted already...
just to check once again, if there is anyone waiting for unrestricted cos with timelines please, on how much wait is over already?

please post if ur in similar condition. its really helpful

sha23

Status

Post by sha23 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:34 am

Hi All,

Its been six and half weeks to my companys application for addtional unrestricted cos. Still No allocation yet. Just wanted to check, if anybody has got allocated unrestricted cos allocated recently? earnest request to post if its the case....

I have been at the receiving end of these waits for quite long. My employer license took 15 weeks, then my employer issued me a cos but it had an error in salary so they had to cancel and ask for addtional allocation of unrestricted cos. so in all i have waited 15 weeks plus 6 and half weeks plus the time of 6 weeks which my employer took to reapply after trying to check.

Its a painful wait!!

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:16 am

Hi, I feel your desperation.
Unfortunately common sense is not common at UKBA.
I got a friend who will be applying for cos next month. will let you know how it goes.
Cheers

sha23

thanks

Post by sha23 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:10 pm

rbk1597 wrote:Hi, I feel your desperation.
Unfortunately common sense is not common at UKBA.
I got a friend who will be applying for cos next month. will let you know how it goes.
Cheers
thanks anything recent u would have heard of anybody applied for unrestricted cos?

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Re: Status

Post by ska.omer » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:29 pm

I have now been waiting for 11 weeks. My employers applied on 20th june....First time it came in less than 3 weeks....now I don't know when it will come....

sha23

Post by sha23 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:39 am

ska.omer wrote:I have now been waiting for 11 weeks. My employers applied on 20th june....First time it came in less than 3 weeks....now I don't know when it will come....
hi ska.omer,

can u pls post when was it applied first time(month and date ) and receipt of the same last time date/month.
Also how does ukba communicate it to the sponsor?(as in mail/sms system or hard copy letter?)

ska.omer
Newly Registered

Post by ska.omer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:03 am

sha23 wrote: hi ska.omer,

can u pls post when was it applied first time(month and date ) and receipt of the same last time date/month.
Also how does ukba communicate it to the sponsor?(as in mail/sms system or hard copy letter?)
For the first time it was applied in the first week of april. We got it on 27th of april. They sent email to the assigned person that they have allocated a cos. Then the HR checked in in sms and found that the cos allocated. I think it will be the same process again.

It is a painful waiting...so please if you receive the cos before me please let me know.

Thanks.