ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Spouse of Unemployed Person

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oxion10
Newly Registered

ILR for Spouse of Unemployed Person

Post by oxion10 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:38 am

Dear Honourable members,

I shall be completing two years on spouse visa of a settled person next week. Unfortunately my husband is unemployed for last 5 months and I don't work either. We have enough funds to support ourselves for next 4-5 months. I wonder if I apply for my ILR would there be a problem due to due to unemployed status of my husband?

Please give me advice on this as I am much worried.

Thank you in advance.

oxion10

harshil223
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Spouse of Unemployed Person

Post by harshil223 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:11 am

oxion10 wrote:Dear Honourable members,

I shall be completing two years on spouse visa of a settled person next week. Unfortunately my husband is unemployed for last 5 months and I don't work either. We have enough funds to support ourselves for next 4-5 months. I wonder if I apply for my ILR would there be a problem due to due to unemployed status of my husband?

Thank you in advance.

oxion10
in theory it should not matter if your husband obtains enough points in previous earning section showing consecutive 12 months salary from the last 15 months beginning date of application.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:22 am

well earnings in the last 12 months shouldn't matter n theory as the main applicant is already settled. Hence, you can make the application and unemployment shouldn't affect you. That're my thoughts however, it would be good to get it confirmed by a guru.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:09 pm

oxion10 wrote:Dear Honourable members,

Thank you in advance.

oxion10
In your case, I think you should read the SetM Form and accompanying guidance for finance/document requirements.

UKBA Link
Form ; http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf

Guide: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf

Also, once you begin to work your way through SetM form, if you come across any specific question/section that you are not clear about, members of this forum would be able to give your more accurate help.

I hope this helps.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

oxion10
Newly Registered

Post by oxion10 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Dear wpilr_nov12,

Thank you very much for your advice. In section 8.4"Is your partner working in the UK", as I'll say No then for proof of funds should our bank statements (~£5K-6K) be enough?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:00 pm

You simply need to show you can support yourselves financially.