ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC self employed tax code registration

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rumise
United Kingdom

HMRC self employed tax code registration

Post by rumise » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:49 pm

hi guys,

I m going to apply for tier 1 emp on coming Friday (inshaAllah).

Now I have one issue ... I register with HMRC as self employed last week but haven't got registration certificate (or welcome letter). I rang them and explain them about my situation but they said we can not send you anything until 12th Oct. I got UK gateway registration welcome email and got registration application reference email from HMRC.

HMRC registration as self employed is one of requirement for this visa.

My company contract will start from 15th Oct.

could you please thru some light on this issue and what should I do?

shall I just attach mail copy with my application?

Regards,

rajm2012

Re: HMRC self employed tax code registration

Post by rajm2012 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:00 pm

rumise wrote:hi guys,

Now I have one issue ... I register with HMRC as self employed last week but haven't got registration certificate (or welcome letter). I rang them and explain them about my situation but they said we can not send you anything until 12th Oct. I got UK gateway registration welcome email and got registration application reference email from HMRC.

Regards,
Why don't you wait till 12th Oct?

When does your current visa expire?

rajm2012

Post by rajm2012 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:01 pm

If you really need to apply next week, send them the print out of the welcome email and registration number, and ALSO give them an explanation in writing.

rumise
United Kingdom

Post by rumise » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:53 pm

rajm2012 wrote:

Regards,
Why don't you wait till 12th Oct?

When does your current visa expire?
Ramj,

My company was going to sponsor my (teir 2) but unfortunately their application for sponsorship license refused on 31 Aug. my visa is expiring next Monday so don't really have enough time then.

Last week I started Tier 1 visa process. got register on-line.

Honestly ... I m really worried and don't think I have any other option but tu submit email copies.

rumise
United Kingdom

Post by rumise » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:54 pm

sorry Rajm,

I wrote your id wrong.

Regards,

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:07 am

Regards,

Hi

If you are applying under £50 K Rule.

1. you must be registered self employed within 3 Months Before you apply

2. must be involve in business

why do,nt you just register a new company

Good luck

Shaukat

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:28 am

Registering company is the best option.

rumise
United Kingdom

Post by rumise » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:29 pm

I apologies for my misunderstanding ... I don't understand what does that line mean is ...

You must have been registered as self-employed or a director of a business within the last 3
months before submitting your application as a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur).

I took this "Within the last 3 month" mean as ....if I am applying on 15 Sept then I have to register with HMRC from 15 June to 15 Sept.

now here are my questions now.

Am I taking above meaning wrongly??

I have done all my documentation as self employed and got contract from my current employer as self employed.

if I register a company do I still be able to go that contract???

I m on PSW and my new self employed contract gonna start from 15 Oct until then I will get HMRC registration ....

Don't I have any other solution guys???

please help ....

Regards,

bluebird2011

Post by bluebird2011 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi

You are getting it right in terms of 3 months rule.

You see the requirement is simple in the policy guidance that you should be registered as director or self employed. So if you have only applied for registration but not yet registered; then it may be upto caseworker. He may not bother, may ask the evidence of registration later on or can reject your application.

Today is Tuesday and I guess you should be able to complete all the documentation in relation to company by Friday. Should not be a problem provided you act fast.

If you register a company then the contract should be in your company's name.

Regards

a85yousaf
Newly Registered

Post by a85yousaf » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:15 pm

hi
the problem with being self employed is they are not only asking you to register as self employed but they require proof as well that ur paying your national insurance contribution class 2. I have been working as self employed since feburary 2012 and still haven't received any N.I bill from HMRC. and even if u set up direct debit it takes upto 6 six weeks to set it. So i suggest you better apply your visa by showing urself as a director of a company.Self employed is bit complicated with more documentation.
Regards

rumise
United Kingdom

Post by rumise » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:15 pm

guys,

thanks you very much for all of your support. I have decide to register a company so could you please help me in what I have to do ...

do I have to register company with HMRC??

or I have seen some online websites with setup your company registration in few hours ...

could you please just let me know some point to be taken in regard to registration of a company

Many Many thanks

rajm2012

Post by rajm2012 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:41 pm

rumise wrote:guys,

thanks you very much for all of your support. I have decide to register a company so could you please help me in what I have to do ...

do I have to register company with HMRC??

or I have seen some online websites with setup your company registration in few hours ...

could you please just let me know some point to be taken in regard to registration of a company

Many Many thanks
Open a company through an online agent. www.companyformations123.co.uk are very good. I opened a company through them and they've been very helpful. Once your company is up, you'll need to get your company a business bank account. You need certain documents from HMRC as well, which is going to be difficult to obtain within 10 days. You have to register your company for Corporation Tax. Please go through the policy guidance: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf