ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 renewal application withdrawn + tourist visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dave123
Newly Registered

Tier 1 renewal application withdrawn + tourist visa

Post by dave123 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:37 pm

I have tried to search around and couldn't find clear cut answers, thus appreciate if anybody can shed some light for me please.

As everybody else, i'm still waiting for my Tier 1 general visa renewal. However, i have got urgent travel to do which unfortunately cannot be classified as compassionate or extenuating as per Home Office rules. I'm therefore comtemplating to withdraw my application obviously losing all the fees paid etc...

Q1. If i request for my passport to travel - in which case the application is withdrawn, will i be able to re-submit my application when i'm come back in the UK?

Q2. Will i be able to resend the same application pack will same documentation or will i have to submit new/fresh documents such as recent bank statements, pay slips etc..

Q3. At the airport, will they let me in the country - because my visa already expired by then?

Q3. If no for Q3, then can i enter the country as a tourist - as i don't need a visa for tourism to come to this country for up to 6 months?

Q4. If i withdraw an application, within how many days should i leave the country?

Thanking you beforehand for your usual assistance.

Cheers

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Q1 only if your leave has not expired
Q2 you will need up to date documents and the current version of the form
Q3 not on your tier 1 visa if it has expired
Q4 not if you intend to re-enter to resume your residence/work in the UK
Q5 within 28 days of receipt of your documents

essentially, if you withdraw your application and leave the UK, and your tier 1 general leave has expired you will not be able to re enter the UK as a tier i general migrant or extend your leave in this category.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:05 pm

also, dont be under the impression that you will get your passport/documents back immediately, it may even take longer than if you had not withdrawn
Manka