ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Tier 1 (Non JR) Success @ PEO Solihull, 11th September

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

ILR Tier 1 (Non JR) Success @ PEO Solihull, 11th September

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:57 pm

Visas beforehand:
Entry clearance: sep 2007 - sep 2009 (HSMP non JR)
came to the uk at 2nd of october 2007
first extension: apr 2009 - sep 2012 - Tier 1 General
second (non essential, just for peace of mind) extension: oct 2011 - oct 2013

Had a 9am appointment, arrived the PEO at 8:15am and was first in the queue. Doors opened at about 8:30am. After security check I got a ticket.

Few minutes afterwards, my number was called and went to one of the caseworker counters. She was a middle aged lady, very nice and polite.
She asked the following documents one by one:
* Passport (conveniently I just had one passport throughout the last 7 years, so it contained all the necessary stamps & visas)
* Biometric Residence Permit & Police Registration certificate.
* Application form: she had a quick look through, stopping at the absences sheet. I had very low number of absences (34 days). She didn't ask anything about that.
* Life in the UK Test: she gave me a smile and told me that I got 100% :-)
* Bank statements and payslips: I provided 12 bank statements from July 2011 to June 2012, 7 signed and stamped pay slips from my previous employer (July 2011 to January 2012), 5 signed and stamped pay slip from my current employer (February 2012 to June 2012) and a letter from him (according to the sticky format in this forum). She went through all the pay slips and bank statements matched the net salary with the appropriate transactions in the bank statements (I underlined the relevant transactions).
* She was happy to take photocopies of all the documents above.

Then, she went for few minutes 'to make some checks in the back office', came back, gave me another big smile and told me that my ILR is approved and I can go the payment counter.

She kept all the documents and returned me the passport.

I went to the payment counter and paid £1377 with my HSBC visa debit card, there were no problems with that. I did call the bank beforehand and they said that there shouldn't be any problems with this transaction. The time was 8:58am!

Then, I went back to the waiting area and waited about 20 minutes to the biometrics. The nice biometrics lady recognized me from the last time I was there (11 months ago) and wished me a happy birthday (my birthday was on the 10th of September). I told her that I haven't celebrated yet as I wanted to sort out my ILR first.

After the biometrics were done (it was 9:30am), she told me that I can go outside and come back at 11am and it's recommended that I keep my mobile switched on in case the caseworker wants to ask something.

I went out for a walk at Solihull town centre, came back after an hour and strangely they wanted my passport and instructed me to wait in the waiting area (it was just for a few minutes). At the time it seemed weird to me. Just after the whole thing was over I realized that it was because I photocopied just the first page of my passport and they also wanted a photocopy of other pages (with the visas & stamps), so if you're giving them photocopies, don't forget to photocopy all the pages of your passport.

After that they gave me back all the originals (except the employer's letter) along with the very important approval letter that 'does not convey the grant of ILR' but says that 'Your application for Indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom has been approved. You will be sent a Biometric Residence Permit as confirmation of your indefinite leave to remain in the United Kingdom'.

They also added an entry to my police registration certificate saying that I'm exempt from registration with the police.

I had loads of other documents which were not asked for: savings account statements, 4 years of bank statements + payslips, the most recent payslips & bank statements (july-august 2012), previous correspondence from the home office, council tax & water bills, 5 year p60s.

Also, my earnings were lower than my last extension (same band though). The caseworker did not ask/wonder about that (as it should be according to the rules).

This is a great forum, thank you for your help.

Any questions, please ask.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Congratulations hsmp_to_tier1. Thank you for sharing your sweet experience with.
Have a good time.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:48 pm

great.

what format have you used for employer letter about payslips attestation/signing

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi hsmp_to_tier1,
I am same category like yours (2yr hsmp+3 yr tier1) and planning to apply in Nov. I have submitted my qualification documents at time of hsmp application and during extension to tier1 I did not submit any evidence for qualification but only tick option: Evidence previously provided with the applicant’s initial HSMP application

On set O form section 9 B (Qualifications Assessment) it says If you have claimed points for a qualification on a previous Tier 1 (General) application and sent in evidence of the qualification at that time, you should still list this qualification in this section below. However, you do not need to provide this evidence again in order to claim points for this application.
Do I need to send my qualification documents again (because I did not send at time of tier 1 application) or could you tell me what options you select on section 9 B2 and B4.
Regards

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

update

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:38 pm

@arifahmmed: you don't need to show the degree certificate again, just tick the box that you already showed it in a previous application.

@innocentdevil: not sure that I understand your question. I used the format at http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51089 and also provided signed and stamped pay slips.

I got my biometric residence permit last Friday at 6:10pm.

inna

Post by inna » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Congratulations!
Also, my earnings were lower than my last extension (same band though). The caseworker did not ask/wonder about that (as it should be according to the rules).
What do you mean by this?

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

What I mean is

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:06 pm

in the last extension I showed 30K. In the ILR application I showed 29K (same band but less earnings).

Obviously, there shouldn't be any issues with that as there is no rule that earnings at the ILR application should be higher than the last extension. Indeed there were no problems on that front. The caseworker did not try to compare my earnings with my last extension. All she did was to confirm the earnings by matching the payslips with the bank statements.

Hope that's clear now.

inna

Post by inna » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Thank you for the clarification - I wanted to double check that there wasn't a rule regarding this. Cheers.

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi hsmp_to_tier1,

Firstly Thank you for sharing your experience and Many CONGRATS!

Do you have to carry Police Registration certificate ? Is it mandatory ?

If yes, where can I get it from ?

Do I need to get it for my dependents too ?

hsmp_to_tier1
Newly Registered

That depends on your nationality

Post by hsmp_to_tier1 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:56 am

List of nationalities who need to register with the police can be found at:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ecb/ecb16/

If your nationality is on that list, yes you need to register with the police (as well as your dependents). Also, you need to produce your police registration in every immigration application that you're making (and report to the police if you're changing jobs, address, marital status).

In each area in the UK there's a certain police station where you can register. In order to find that specific one, go to any police station and ask where you can register.

man_luck
Newly Registered

tier 1 extension documents

Post by man_luck » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi,

I would be applying for tier-1 extension soon and understand that I need not submit the documents again against which I got the points in the initial application. My question is that do I need to submit anything which proves it? How does the UKBA tracks if what I am claiming in the form regarding the points is actually true without the documents?

My second question relates to the first one. One of my friend had got a certificate/letter mentioning the points he gathered while making the initial tier 1 application which he had used in his tier-1 extension as a substitute for sending the documents again. He applied for tier 1 in 2008. I applied in dec 2010 and do not remember getting such certificate. Has anyone else who has applied in 2010 got any certificate on top of visa stamping? If thats the case then probably I have lost it and would then need to know how I can obtain a duplicate copy of it.

Thanks in advance