ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent application without main applicant's BRP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prig
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent application without main applicant's BRP

Post by prig » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi,

I would really appreciate if you could help me with my query.

I applied for my in county tier 1 general extension application on 4th May 2012 by post (long story had same day appointment but could not be processed due to technical issues at Croydon PEO).

My application has been approved on 10th Aug 2012 and I have received the approval letter. However I have still not received my BRP card more than a month later.

I have contacted the BRP team and they say my card is not getting printed as the digital signature is too faint. I have re-enrolled the biometrics but still not getting any reply whatsoever.

My husband wants to apply for tier 1 dependent on me and has been waiting for this long (changing from tier 2 to tier 1 dependent so has to be an out of country application and could not submit along with me).

I wanted to know if he can apply for his dependent visa by just submitting my approval letter and mentioning in the covering letter that BRP is not getting issued?

Again any help would be really appreciated.

prig
Newly Registered

Post by prig » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Can someone please help? We are really stuck in a bad situation. We are not getting absolutely any reply from the BRP team. We just need to get my husband's visa processed asap.

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:05 am

I'm not an expert on this, but as far as I know, you can apply for the dependant (at least in-country) by submitting a copy of the main applicant's approval letter and the reference number on that letter. I did the same for my son (still being processed).

prig
Newly Registered

Post by prig » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:38 am

Thanks so much for your reply. I guess we will try to apply with copy of approval letter and reference number.

I was just worried because the approval letter doesn't say anything about visa start date and end date. But I guess they should have that on their system.

Thanks again.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:24 pm

prig wrote:Thanks so much for your reply. I guess we will try to apply with copy of approval letter and reference number.

I was just worried because the approval letter doesn't say anything about visa start date and end date. But I guess they should have that on their system.

Thanks again.

Hi Prig,

I have the same situation like you.I need to apply for my wife dependant visa.I have got the approval letter but not the BRP yet.My visa will get expire on 24th December 2012.There is weekdns ahead as well.so should i apply just his passport copy and orginal approval letter.

what was the result in your case..did your dependant got the visa wihtout BRP card copy.

Please advise me because i have time till friday.

Thanks

sameday
BANNED

Post by sameday » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
prig wrote:Thanks so much for your reply. I guess we will try to apply with copy of approval letter and reference number.

Thanks again.

Hi Prig,

I have the same situation like you.I need to apply for my wife dependant visa.I have got the approval letter but not the BRP yet.My visa will get expire on 24th December 2012.There is weekdns ahead as well.so should i apply just his passport copy and orginal approval letter.

what was the result in your case..did your dependant got the visa wihtout BRP card copy.

Thanks
Hi Prig,

If the BRP card is not received the approval letter will help you to get the dependent visa. I had the similar experience and I applied for my client with his approval letter. They can find the details in their system and approve the visa.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm

sameday wrote:
Babajee85 wrote:

Thanks again.

Hi Prig,

Thanks
Hi Prig,

If the BRP card is not received the approval letter will help you to get the dependent visa. I had the similar experience and I applied for my client with his approval letter. They can find the details in their system and approve the visa.

Hi Pring ,

I have received now the BRP card ,so should i send the photocopy of the BRP card or the original BRP card ?

I am still waiting for the acknowledgement letter for my dependent
application.

So should i wait for the ACK letter and then send the BRP copy as per the reference letter number.

Please guide ?

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 am

Babajee85 wrote:
sameday wrote:
Babajee85 wrote:

Thanks again.

Hi Prig,

Thanks
Hi Prig,

Hi Pring ,

I have received now the BRP card ,so should i send the photocopy of the BRP card or the original BRP card ?

application.

So should i wait for the ACK letter and then send the BRP copy as per the reference letter number.

Please guide ?

OK all of you , you need to find the complaint number UKBA, This has happened to my frns also here is what is he did

1. Called up UKBA customer helpline: They told him to contact after 6 months
2. Called again and again until to reach a reasonable person who can understand your problem
3. Get the UKBA complain number and call them. Person in complain department was helpful and he understolld
4. after 30min he got a call back from caseworker who looked into his case and them he explained that their was some issue in biometric and he will issue the successful letter in 2 days and BRP will arive in 7days.

5. he got BRP and letter in 7 and 2 days.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:18 am

alok_singh wrote:
Babajee85 wrote:
sameday wrote:
Babajee85 wrote:

Hi Prig,

Thanks
Hi Prig,

Hi Pring ,

application.

Please guide ?

OK all of you , you need to find the complaint number UKBA, This has happened to my frns also here is what is he did

1. Called up UKBA customer helpline: They told him to contact after 6 months
2. Called again and again until to reach a reasonable person who can understand your problem
3. Get the UKBA complain number and call them. Person in complain department was helpful and he understolld
4. after 30min he got a call back from caseworker who looked into his case and them he explained that their was some issue in biometric and he will issue the successful letter in 2 days and BRP will arive in 7days.

5. he got BRP and letter in 7 and 2 days.

Should i send my orginal BRP card as an additional document or just the phtotcopy.

Can i use the recorded delviiery tracking number as ref number of my wife application with the additional document because my wife has not recivedthe akconwelogment letter.

Thanks