ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M bank statements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MWill

SET M bank statements

Post by MWill » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Just a question about bank statements for my wife's SET M application.

All my bank statements/documents are fine, and I earn enough to meet the maintenance requirement by myself, plus I have a savings account. My wife's only account is an American account - it has a high balance and we occasionally use it, but no income goes in.

She will have 3 months of statements - 2 normal, but the oldest one is a requested statement which is just the transactions, account no. etc. printed on plain A4 - no logo - but with a cover letter with the bank logo that came with the statement. Clearly it's a US account, so we can't get it stamped.

Should this be OK? As I said, our main account for proving maintenance is mine and we meet the old rules with it. We're just including her account as extra proof of savings (even though it's a current account), not income, and I know it's rare for ILR to be refused on maintenance. Thanks!

MWill

Post by MWill » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 am

Hi, can anyone help? Is this likely to be OK?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 am

when did your wife join you. If she has joined you in this country before 9 july 2012, then you do not have to worry about Financial requirement section of FLR(M).

Also, the maintenance requirement still stands i.e: £800 points in the bank account for last 3 months.

MWill

Post by MWill » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:34 am

innocentdevil wrote:when did your wife join you. If she has joined you in this country before 9 july 2012, then you do not have to worry about Financial requirement section of FLR(M).

Also, the maintenance requirement still stands i.e: £800 points in the bank account for last 3 months.
This is a family route application under the old rules, so the only maintenance requirement is to "support yourselves without public funds".