ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does it effect BC application in any sense?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrapp2012

Does it effect BC application in any sense?

Post by ilrapp2012 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 am

Dear Seniors,

We have got ILR already and will apply for naturalisation next year hopefully. My question, my wife is planning to attend the english language course that is funded by govt, which are online and you need to give certain hours for that. They are completely free and funded by govt.

Is it some kind of benefit or count towards benefit for her and can't apply for her naturalisation application after then? Please if anyone guide?

Many thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 am

It doesn't count as a benefit. Even if it does, you and your wife are entitled to any benefits you are entitled to.

Taking this course or any other benefit will not affect your citizenship application next year.

ilrapp2012

Post by ilrapp2012 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:46 am

very happy to hear that. Thanks very much linker.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 am

On the paper it has no effect, but I would think that it could help to show an interest in English language/culture. This is always very much welcomed by HO. Therefore, it might slightly bias a caseworker in your favour (these guys have some discretionary power in certain points). I see no problem enclosing a course certificate with your application - either it does nothing or it helps. In any case, it never hurts to improve English language skills, and if you are rightfully entitiled to a free course - grab it and bag it.