ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohab Docs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

man4uni

Cohab Docs

Post by man4uni » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please shed some more light on the cohab docs ? My family is with me for 3+ years, however I use to rent a property which included all bills so there are not many docs on my wife's name.

But we moved to a new property an year ago and my wife has her bank statements, TV bills and Gas & Elect bills (joint) from last 1 year.

Before we moved to the new property she had her Driving License (provisional), GP registration docs.

Will that be a problem when I apply for ILR this year Nov ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:24 pm

You will be fine but, as a safeguard, just provide literally whatever you can lay your hands on that confirms a common address.

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Thank you Lucapooka for your prompt reply.

A quick question, when can I start looking to book an appointment ? Is it 90 days or 30 days before the current visa expires ?

Thanks once again.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:09 pm

It would be with regard to 28 days before the end of your qualifying residence period. The expiry date of your current leave may not necessarily be co-incident with that date.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:25 am

Hi man4uni, Please prepare Co hab documents for three year. Though on rules it clearly mentioned co hab documents for two year but I saw from many thread that CW asked documents for two year and few months from previous year.
Regards

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Hello arifahmmed,

Thanks for replying.

But how can I prepare the cohab documents when there wasn't anything on my wife's name ? As said earlier we use to live in a property where all the bills were included in the rent itself.

Any more help on this will be very much appreciated.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:25 pm

man4uni,
what I learned from this forum and most successfull cases that we need cohab documents for two years and CW also asked documents from other year as well. Atleast 1. I am also in same problem like U.
However can you think about a letterfrom GP.
Regards

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks arifahmmed. I understand you are trying to help me.

Yeah! Letter of GP sounds good to me :)

Moreover, My youngest one was born here (while we were staying in the old house) however the hospital has taken all the letters which they posted (at the time of my wife's pregnancy). Is that possible if I can ask the Hospital to issue me a letter ?

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Hi man4uni, Council peoples are helpfull. If U tell them the fact they will give U letter stating you and your wife were in same address and all the address locations and staying dates. But make sure all address and dates are same with any information that U gave to HO before (like during tier1 extension I had to provide last 2 years living addresses).

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:43 pm

check with your council if they can issue you Certificate of residence based on the names on the electoral role register. I requested one from my council for the two address i have lived at for the past two years and they have sent me 2 certificates free of cost. Some councils however would charge you a fee like a 10er.

I requested this certificate as i have'nt got utility bills on my wife's names and just to have as many proofs as possible.

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Hi arifahmmed and Ozair,

Thank you so much!

Let me quickly call the council right away.

Once again thanks :)

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:58 pm

man4uni: If I were you I would go council in person and take appiontments (my area council is token system) and explain to her/him.