ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kiranv5

Tax Issue

Post by kiranv5 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 pm

HI,
I have applied for my tier 1 gen ext as self employed and salaried
my query is whether I need to pay the tax as self employed for total earning period before i apply or can i pay after i get my visa. I got registered as self employee in jan 12 and applied jun25 would i have to pay the tax or can i pay it later after discussing with HMRC.(total earning of self employed was 15000£ from jan 12 - june 12).

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:54 am

Your tax payment deadlines have nothing to do with your visa extension dates.

For all earnings you made from January 2012 to 5 April 2012, you will have to send your returns by 31 October 2012 and deadline for tax payment would be 31 January 2013.

Similarly returns for remaining period of your income must be sent by 31 October 2013 and deadline for tax payment would be 31 January 2014.

Read below in details for further details:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sa/deadlines-penalties.htm#5

I hope this helps. I was looking for someone who has recently applied as self employed, can you please tell me the following with regards to your extension.

Salaried Employment
Gross Salary:
Income Tax:
Net salary:

Self employed
Business Turnover:
Business Expenses:
Gross Earning:
Business tax:
Net Business Profit:

Total Earning claimed: (Salaried) _______ + (Self Emp) _______ = _________

Please write down round figures above.

Your UKBA income Requirement ?

Date of Application ?

The above details are required with regards to the below post of this forum

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=20

Also I need to know the following because I am looking forward to an early extension:

Expiry date of your previous visa (initial leave) ?
Expiry date of your extended visa ?
Did you pay NI Class 2 ?

Thanks.
lets get together for migrants' rights

closer1973
Newly Registered

Re: Tax Issue

Post by closer1973 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:31 am

kiranv5 wrote:HI,
I have applied for my tier 1 gen ext as self employed and salaried
my query is whether I need to pay the tax as self employed for total earning period before i apply or can i pay after i get my visa. I got registered as self employee in jan 12 and applied jun25 would i have to pay the tax or can i pay it later after discussing with HMRC.(total earning of self employed was 15000£ from jan 12 - june 12).
No you dont have pay the tax before your application, i went through the same in my case i hadnt even filed it with the tax office as my application was made somewhere before the end of the tax year hence i just got a reputable accountants letter without any tax payment info apart from the letters i got from the tax office confirming i was self employed and it was ok. all the best