ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADVICE PLEASE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jovon

ADVICE PLEASE

Post by jovon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:45 pm

hi i came to the uk with my mum in july 2007 as an eea family member,my mum is an austrian.my 5yrs resident card would expire next year april.i was told i would have to proof that i lived with my mum for the 5yrs i have been here but the thing is that i stopped living with my mum since last year and i will be 24 when i apply for my PR next year.please would this be a problem for me.thanks for your replies,God bless you :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:18 am

Once you reach 21 you need to be dependent on the parent, but don't have to be living with them.

Are you dependent?

jovon

Post by jovon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:32 pm

How does one proof dependancy she is my mother I dnt really know what to do

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Jovon, what is your present situation?

Are you working or studying at present?

Have you any current regular contact with your mother?

Do you have correspondent that goes to her address?

There might be a way out of this. However i believe even if you don't succeed on your application, you case raises issues that may need to be address by a higher court.

I may be prepared to assist you, if you require any such assistance, and live around the London and South East Vicinity.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jovon

Post by jovon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Hi I live in Manchester I live 2 streets away from my mum we see like everyday,am in college and my bank statement and school letters still goes to my mum place.do u think that's ok I haven't left the uk for 5years now not even for an holiday my mum is been working for 5 years till date.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:32 pm

I believe you will be alright Jovon. Stay calm.

You can apply from now as you have lived in the UK for 5 years already.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jovon

Post by jovon » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks obie,do you think I should just put my bank statements as proof for 5years