ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on FLR Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mythbust
BANNED

Questions on FLR Application

Post by mythbust » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:47 pm

I'm out of UK and my husband has ILR visa. If I applied from Pakistan, I got two questions,

1) How to prove our annual income more than 19k? Payslips in which specified period?

2) I'm not skilled at English test. Which test is the easiest way for me to qualify?

Thanks a lot!

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:20 am

1) Your partner in the UK will need either 6 or 12 months Bank statements and Payslips depending on his/her employment status. Employed = 6 months and Self Employed = 12 months

2) The most commong test taken by people is IELTS but it is not easy if you have never attended and english medium school. ESOL, TOEIC and TOEFL would be amongst the easiest I would imagine. Here is a list of all the approved courses (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf)

You should keep in mind that you will need to get the certificate from a genuine education centre and do not get scammed by any providers who provide fake or un recognised certificates...
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:34 am

Thanks for explanation. Is it easier to apply through dependent visa rather than spouse visa? Or I have to apply FLR visa? Any case I can waive English test?

[quote="harv"]
1) Your partner in the UK will need either 6 or 12 months Bank statements and Payslips depending on his/her employment status. Employed = 6 months and Self Employed = 12 months
2) The most commong test taken by people is IELTS but it is not easy if you have never attended and english medium school. ESOL, TOEIC and TOEFL would be amongst the easiest I would imagine. Here is a list of all the approved courses

You should keep in mind that you will need to get the certificate from a genuine education centre and do not get scammed by any providers who provide bad quality or un recognised certificates...
[/quote]

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:37 am

As your husband has ILR - you can't apply as a dependant anymore - it must be as the spouse of a settled person.

So no - no way to avoid the english requirement.