ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Printing Set (M) no gridlines

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tom - Hop
Newly Registered

Printing Set (M) no gridlines

Post by Tom - Hop » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi Everyone,

simple problem I'm having, but feel like an idiot as I can't seem to find an answer (got to say this is a common situation for me and the UKBA).

I'm trying to print the set (m) form from this link.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf

but no matter what I do, it doesn't print with the gridlines/checkboxes and i just get a gap to enter the text. is this how it's supposed to print? is it a problem with my printer set up ? have I downloaded the wrong form and there is a printable version?

EDIT: it was my printer set up.

Alternatively is there a version where i can enter the details electronically, an editable pdf version?
Last edited by Tom - Hop on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:18 am

I am no techie, but have you tried to print in B/W setting only?

Or try printing a downloaded and saved PDF copy...
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:38 am

Hi Tom,

I would download the latest version of Adobe PDF and open the document in it. It should print it easily. I have printed SET O form which came out fine, so i am assuming the same principle should work!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Tom - Hop
Newly Registered

Post by Tom - Hop » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help, i managed to print the document at work today without any problems.

No clue why it wouldn't work with my pc, i downloaded the form, installed the latest adobe, even tried a 3rd party version 'nitro reader', toggled all the print settings and updated my printer drivers but no joy.

anyway at least I have it sorted now