ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working whilst application is being processed...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drRalph
Newly Registered

Working whilst application is being processed...

Post by drRalph » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:18 pm

I am applying for an ILR under the 10 year rule, all my past visa's are Cat C student visa's - During the 6 month whilst I await a response from UKBA, am I entitled to work in the UK?[/b]

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:46 pm

You can work according to the student rules. Is your course still running or has it finished?

drRalph
Newly Registered

Post by drRalph » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You can work according to the student rules. Is your course still running or has it finished?
My student visa rule; 20 hours term time, and full time during holidays (I guess standard student visa work regulation). I have now completed my PhD, so does that count as non-term time?

drRalph
Newly Registered

Post by drRalph » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:40 am

What is it about my posts that encourages no response? :(

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:52 am

Perhaps because you have already received an answer.

drRalph
Newly Registered

Post by drRalph » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:59 am

Lucapooka wrote:Perhaps because you have already received an answer.

haha! You asked if my course finished? and thus an incomplete answer :P

So as my course has finished, are there work restrictions? does it count as out of term time?

Thank you for responding btw!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:02 am

Only you know the answer to my question, and if you know the answer, and know the rules, you have everything you need.

drRalph
Newly Registered

Post by drRalph » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:09 am

Lucapooka wrote:Only you know the answer to my question, and if you know the answer, and know the rules, you have everything you need.
Now I'm just confused - :? - I get that my status is according to the previous visa restrictions.

However, previous visa restriction only references term-time/course holiday - my situation is neither! I am not on an official course holiday, however my course has been completed. So during the period of ILR processing - am I allowed to work whilst awaiting my results from UKBA, or not? :cry:

drRalph
Newly Registered

Post by drRalph » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Please someone just give me a straightforward answer! :cry:

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Para 298 of the policy guidance elaborates this situation.

drRalph
Newly Registered

Post by drRalph » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Para 298 of the policy guidance elaborates this situation.

That is NOT a straight forward answer - could you please stop just posting for the sake of posting... :twisted:

I have set out my question and just need a straight forward answer - yes you are able to work during this period, OR no, you can't work!

Can someone please help!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:00 pm

You need to understand and be aware of your circumstances and rights. If you don't then you are in trouble. If you are prepared to accept a simple yes or no response from anonymous posters on a forum, rather than matching your situation to the official guidance, as I have suggested and even by citing actual paragraphs in the guidance, then I truly pity you. Or are you simply too lazy to read it?