ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success @ Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

desertlord

ILR success @ Solihull

Post by desertlord » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Hello all,

Alhamdulilah and PBU Prophet Mohammed.

I have been granted ILR few weeks ago on the basis of Spouse.

Here are the details:

ah where to start from, I know!! last year when we started putting together my documents and getting ready.
at that time, I only thought I had to finish the whole 27 months before I can apply. Last Feb and when I called
home office to check something on LINUK I was also told you had to complete 24 months from entry!
Good Start! (every now and then I used to check with home office about anything that may look like an issue or ask
a friend who has had ILR) Ask and ask then Ask!

Took the the LIUK test....first time pass !

More preparations and repeated checking of the form and the guide
A friend made their application at Solihull and was successful

Then came the big day of book appt and here is the only mistake, I thought all peo are the same so I booked at Croydon
and now 42 days to go guys! spoke to a friend and she told me Croydon is a nightmare booo!
Rushed to Google and typed Croydon feedback and saw stories that scared me!

Same night at 10 pm I was madly searching the web for feed backs on Croydon and in the middle of despair I found your forum
Some posts confirmed the fact I was unlucky with bookings

2 hours later and at midnight I took the decision. I am booking a new one at Solihull! and relief I did get the 9 am
and the 42 day waiting started again!
day after day kept checking the forum and kept taking notes for good idea like asking my GP for a registration and app
history letter and highlighting the salary on bank stat. :)

2 weeks before the Golden day I kept getting ready and found out I have loads and loads of docs hhh
so decided I will prepare a primary app with 6 letters and banks slip and LIUK and a second file with every single paper
letter I had for the past 2 year! posted stats and bank printed ones! letters and letter and more letters

Checked google earth. studies the street and facilities so that I dont get lost
I even checked planned road works !!
We travelled one day before. Stayed at Ramada in Solihull High Street 4 minutes walk from Peo. Arrived and checked in
went out for lunch and had a walk and here it was the famous Dominion court! See you 2moro dude!
back a and shower and Blockbuster rubbish was included in the rate so American Pie Re union hhhh

at 8 pm went out in the nice curry rest, in front of peo! I ask a passerby I am having an appt at the peo 2moro where
is the main entrance? he replied : there is no peo here! booo
left my curry and rushed out and there it was the door and the sign smiling at me,, silly !

Back to Ramada hot bath and bed. worst night sleep! woke 20 times and at last 6 am is here so shower and shave then
Fajer Prayers. Man I cant wait. wife woke up then we are off to bf. drove the car parked in JL and walked to peo I was
1st to be there at 8.20 then 2 people cam and queued behind and at 833 the door open. I am there on day at laaaasssssstt!!
Cleared security and 840 took my token 845 was first to be called to CW!!! she smiled and did the usual and took only
1st file! 8 51 she smile and spelled the Golden words( Your ILR will be granted today) !!!
9 am payment and came the scary part BIOme is it going to work? will it has any errors??
9 05 call to bio :) and 9 12 am was all DONNNEEEEEEEEEEE!!
Relief out to weatherspoon for coffee, still cant believe !! rather than waiting for 2 hours we decided to go back to peo
after 1 hour so went back and our file was readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! the magic letter
we drove home and can't think of any words except Alhamdulilah!
24 hours later saw a post about bio card and delay one guy put the dx number to call if you are waiting so I took it
called next day! I said I am sorry I know it is to early to worry I only had my app 48 hours ago they said my card is
with them...man am I dreaming???!! it is delivered aahhhhh happy couple Alhamdulilah!

my advise check, recheck and check ask and ask and ask don't stop till the day of your appt. If you are genuine everything will be ok but if you are like these people who come here then travel back home for months then come back tell all sort of stories then it is your mistake mate.
Good luck all
:D :D :D :D

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Congrats mate. Could u please tell us what visa u wereon, entry date, Ec date, docs submitted, employed or selft employed etc

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 pm

man you are joking lol I wrote up I was on a 27 month spouse visa and dont worry they won't even ask if you were employed as long as you can maintain yourself :D

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi desertlord, Congratulation for your success and explaining your joyfull reactions. Hovever same question to you now, is the main entrance on the high street or from behind. Because I am also thinking to book appointment to Solihull.
Regards

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 pm

thanx it is on the main street no 41 station road

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:17 am

Thanks for infirmation. have a good time

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:28 am

Mabrook,

I will borrow your idea of a primary file and a secondary file just to make my life easier on the day.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:17 pm

yeah agree, Make a primary file and stick to the needed docs only and take with you a second bag/file full of everything else just in case

I wasnot sure which to take the post bank states or the printed and stamped ones so I ended taking both and put the very last three in the primary file and the rest of the stats were with me in the second file ready to action

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:50 am

Guys does anyone know since I got my BRP card and travelling with British wife, do I need to apply for a visa to go to France or Italy?

Pqek

Post by Pqek » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:33 pm

desertlord wrote:Guys does anyone know since I got my BRP card and travelling with British wife, do I need to apply for a visa to go to France or Italy?
If you required visa before, then you still require it even though you have ILR.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:10 pm

thanks mate

maccers1018
Newly Registered

Post by maccers1018 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:38 am

Salam Aleikum!

Congratulations on your ILR! I'm thinking of which PEO shall I book an appointment with. Does it really make difference?

My husband started to work overseas from Aug, and I'm due to apply for ILR at the beginning of Nov. Don't know whether it affects my ILR application. Had a look at on Home Office website, it doesn't say the spouse can't work overseas, has to live in the UK etc. I'm with him at the moment outside the UK, but haven't been outside for 90 days this year. Any thoughts?
desertlord wrote:thanks mate

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:11 am

With limited information that you have provided its difficult to say. Please provide more details on your case. So that someone can advice.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

maccers1018
Newly Registered

Post by maccers1018 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:43 pm

I came to the uk in Aug 2010 on Fiancee visa, once we got married, i applied for FLR and got it in Dec 2010. According to the 28 days rule, I'm due to apply for ILR in Nov 2012. But my husband got a job offer abroad and just started it in Aug 2012. We left the uk at the end of July and I'm still with him while helping him sorting out the flat etc. I'm going back to the uk at the beginning of Oct to stay with my in-laws as we did last couple of years. Hopefully I could find a job there too.

Our plan is my husband will come back to the uk when his contract finishes or before that (about 1 and half years time), while he's abroad I stay in the uk as it's hard for me to find a job over there because of language problem. During this period, we will visit each other from time to time, maybe once or twice a month. As he's a teacher, so we will spend x'mas and summer holidays in the uk as well.

We are concerned whether he's working outside the uk would affect my ILR application? We have joint bank account, have savings. Our savings will be enough for me to live there without any benefits. But as we lived/i'm living with his parents, we don't have council tax and utility bills to show Home Office. I worked for a while and have a few payslips.

Anyone knows about it? Please help.
uksettlement wrote:With limited information that you have provided its difficult to say. Please provide more details on your case. So that someone can advice.