ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Tier 1 (General) Earnings 34,999.92 = 35K?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

layman

Post by layman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:52 pm

Just to be clear, can you mention what earning period you plan to claim for and what date of the month(if monthly) is your salary deposited in your bank account?

If you are planning to count the salary deposited on 30th Sep 2011(which is for the month of Sep 2011), the earnings period will start from 1 Sep 2011 and will end on 31st Aug 2012

nopowerlost
Newly Registered

Post by nopowerlost » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:04 pm

layman wrote:Just to be clear, can you mention what earning period you plan to claim for and what date of the month(if monthly) is your salary deposited in your bank account?

If you are planning to count the salary deposited on 30th Sep 2011(which is for the month of Sep 2011), the earnings period will start from 1 Sep 2011 and will end on 31st Aug 2012
My salary is paid in between: 28th - 3rd of the next month, this depends on public holidays, weekends e.t.c, though it is mostly 30th or 31st there are occasions that it got in 1st, 3rd and 5th of the next month and I am sure I am not alone alot of big companies pay salaries in this way.

Surely I have already earned the .08P bonus within the 1st sept 2011 - 31 august 2012, so if the case worker will count payment made in at 30th of september 2011 as earnings from 1st sept, they should be also willing to counting payment of 14th sept. 2012 as part of earnings in august 2012 (which it is) providing the relevant letters explaining what happened from the accounting department.

Also if they would look it from payment dates, then looking from 30th sept. 2011, they should permit payments up till 29th sept. 2012 as a consecutive 12 month period.

Except they will have to mix-match the rules - I dont see a solid ground to decline this, No? or Am i missing something?

nopowerlost
Newly Registered

Post by nopowerlost » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:09 pm

Ok, just confirmed, I think i am fine- According to the policy guidance:

80. All the periods we specify are calendar
months (for example 14 January – 13
February).

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

silverline

Post by silverline » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Brv...........IMHO, you should get points from case worker. case worker would have to round it to nearest £, which make is 35k. Do send your employment contract while applying and that will do.

Above all, you need to kick the arse of your HR deptt. If you contract states, 35k. employer is bound to pay you £35k. Your employer is legally bound to give you letter stating your exact pay which is £35k not 34,999.92

xt127
Newly Registered

Post by xt127 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:44 pm

My brother, i can only give you these simple advice:

1) please make sure that whatever you are claiming is within the 12 consecutive months you are presenting to ukba.

2) as much as your contract says 35k, in my opinion what matters is how much you're able to show/prove to ukba within the 12 consecutive month which you are presenting. please make sure that you present a consecutive 12 months earning of £35,000 and not £34,999.99 (to avoid long grammar since your required band is £35,000 - ...)

i have heard people being denied visa bc maintenance fee was "short" of required fund (i.e £2.00 short) within stipulated period irrespective of the reason. i.e unexpected direct debit, payment or fund not arriving your account on time to balance outgoing etc.

This is my honest opinion to you.

Wishing you the best.

nopowerlost
Newly Registered

Post by nopowerlost » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 am

I will be running a riot at the office on monday, the accountant is really taking a p*ss now, shes making everything look like she wants to do me a favor by giving me "letter to the UKBA". I will lay everything black and white and make sure i get the letter on monday - she is saying the notice I am giving to get the letter and transfer of 1 pound is too short, it will be a week next week since I have made this request, I shall be at loggerheads with her and her team on monday, I have exhausted my patience, if she wasnt capping the pay written on my payslip, I would have never required anything with her - this is so frustrating!!